Over-protective Kids

I agree with you. Yet California insurance regulators think that every person aged 65 or over need a "special notice" before you meet with them at their home that states:

It's so stupid, especially point #2 - as though they can't make a decision without the help of family members or whoever else.

These are the same a-holes that made it illegal to sell indemnity plans to people over 64. Apparently cancer insurance is not needed once you reach 65.

I wonder how many people went broke paying for the "non-medical" charges while they were in treatment.

Rick

You never said her age. She could have been 80.

Its a generational thing. Women turning 65 and older typically have had men helping them. This will change in the next few years, as the first generation of women who were in the workplace turn 65. I'm starting to see them now. And you can damn sure believe that I ask ahead of time if anyone else needs to be part of the process. And there are lot of times I am dealing with their sons, if they are widows.

Moonlight is right. Especially with the ladies. "Is there anyone else who is making the decision with you?"

I actually WOULD drop her a note. "I enjoyed meeting you and if you need anything in the future, please let me know". You still won't get her business. But when her friends start talking about Medicare, here's how it goes at the card table: "This nice young man was SO helpful. My son wanted to take care of it, but I would call him."

Lesson learned. Pre Qualify the appts with single women on Med Supps. Move on.

Seems as the pendulum is swinging the other way. I see more and more mommas taking care of grown sons in their 30s.

Jeremiah 4:19

My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

I agree with you. Yet California insurance regulators think that every person aged 65 or over need a "special notice" before you meet with them at their home that states:

It's so stupid, especially point #2 - as though they can't make a decision without the help of family members or whoever else.

Land of the free...

I thought Cali was all about no rules man....

Back