P&C for 15+ Years, Newly Life, Health & Accident Licensed

CASouth

Expert
Hello Everyone;
I am looking for advice from the experienced folks on this site:
I been licensed as P&C since 1999 and own my Independent store for 15+
this month with talk from friends at Primerica I got my Life, Health and Accident but somewhere in the middle I decided to pay for everything and go on my own; now I am not sure what to do next:
1-my office is surrounded by Auto shops of all kinds in a small city
2-I am 54 years old now and kind of burned out
3-I have no employees
4-I make my living from selling small commercial accounts
5-I don't have any assets except my book
6-plenty of unused credit cards :)
7-I don't want do cold calling because I have a heavy accent
8-I only speak English next to my native language (no Spanish)
9-I am in Southern CA.

Any Ideas? Thanks for your time and advice and best of look to all.

Hello Everyone;
this month with talk from friends at Primerica I got my Life, Health and Accident but somewhere in the middle I decided to pay for everything and go on my own; now I am not sure what to do next:
3-I have no employees
9-I am in Southern CA.

Work your existing book. Wouldn't they have a need for life insurance too?

first thanks for taking the time to answer; I am going to look into that, a lot of my clients are 5 years plus in my book so I am guessing I can start by sending a product postcard updated with life and health? or maybe a different approach you suggest?

first thanks for taking the time to answer; I am going to look into that, a lot of my clients are 5 years plus in my book so I am guessing I can start by sending a product postcard updated with life and health? or maybe a different approach you suggest?
I would think at renewal time, would be a good time to bring up that you now offer life insurance reviews too.

There's a reason SF is hard to replace, even if you can beat their rate. Because they usually got their life insurance there too.

when it comes to appointments for Life, Health & Accident what make sense in my situation? in terms of attainable with proper compensation at this stage?

when it comes to appointments for Life, Health & Accident what make sense in my situation? in terms of attainable with proper compensation at this stage?

Hang in there...
  1. Why are you giving up on PC?
  2. Are you writing homeowners?
  3. What about small comm. PC?
  4. What about groups?

?

Hello Everyone;
3-I have no employees
9-I am in Southern CA.

You have a Huge asset. As mentioned, work your book. I guarantee that someone else is. Someone like me is talking to your clients about Life insurance.

Since you are new to Life and probably have more of a P&C style I would look at a drop ticket type setup. Look at Pinney. I would also look up jroot and ninjanic. They may have an option for you. Another option is to bring in a life guy that knows how to mine a book.

You could be sitting on a gold mine.

I am not giving up at least not yet; but my Transportation book is slowly loosing value, my Contractors book almost dead: in case of Transportation; market is hard to find, and if existed premiums are too high, Contractors I don't see much anymore, except the handyman type,
I am surrounded where ever I move by Farmers, State Farm, Allstate, Mercury and Nationwide, down the street another guy selling Hartford,Safeco.. etc for packaging, everyone I know has access to a preferred: through an MGA or a cluster or Agent alliance.
I write small comm. but its getting very hard as few new non-rated carriers now in CA who would write any risk for cheap,
I just got my Life, Health and Accident last months and I am trying first to get appointed,
all in all its not bad, I still have few ideas but asking for advice never hurt
thanks for your input Gulfman.:)

----------

You have a Huge asset. As mentioned, work your book. I guarantee that someone else is. Someone like me is talking to your clients about Life insurance.

Since you are new to Life and probably have more of a P&C style I would look at a drop ticket type setup. Look at Pinney. I would also look up jroot and ninjanic. They may have an option for you. Another option is to bring in a life guy that knows how to mine a book.

You could be sitting on a gold mine.

WinoBlues: whats a drop ticket type setup?and thanks for the pointers

Last edited:
I am not giving up at least not yet; but my Transportation book is slowly loosing value, my Contractors book almost dead: in case of Transportation; market is hard to find, and if existed premiums are too high, Contractors I don't see much anymore, except the handyman type,
I am surrounded where ever I move by Farmers, State Farm, Allstate, Mercury and Nationwide, down the street another guy selling Hartford,Safeco.. etc for packaging, everyone I know has access to a preferred: through an MGA or a cluster or Agent alliance.
I write small comm. but its getting very hard as few new non-rated carriers now in CA who would write any risk for cheap,
I just got my Life, Health and Accident last months and I am trying first to get appointed,

----------

Here is an example of one I am submitting to Pinney: I have a client that we are adding more coverage on. I submit less than a page of info online to Pinney. Just basic stuff like name, contact info, type and amount of insurance, class quoted and so on. They call the PI, do the app over the phone, set up the exam, get the exam, submit to the carrier, deal with the carrier and PI on any questions or additional forms, get the new policy and mail it to you or the Insured when done. Also if the policy comes back with an adverse offer they can shop it out and resubmit to a new carrier. I personally keep in contact with the PI during the process and have all policies sent to me to deliver or mail so the client knows I am personally involved.

I also do a lot of my own submission and back office work on a lot of my business. They are just an easy way to do it. Slightly lower comp in some cases but they earn it.

----------

----------

If I was in So Cal I would be talking to you about a split and working your book.

I will check Pinney I the next few days, I will keep you posted
Now I am busy working on my site Marketing etc

Latest posts

Back