P&C Agency Clusters

I'm in a great cluster in another part of the world. We wouldn't let a new agency join. You have to bring something to the table. I assume most clusters feel the same way.

I'm glad to hear that you like your cluster. What makes them great? Do they offer accounting, marketing, or any other services for you? Do they broker any business for you? Do they adequately diversify your profit sharing risk among several carriers? Do you have a sense that your membership represents lower risk than other clusters that you know? On the other hand, do you think that they're great because they DON'T offer lots of services but charge a lower fee/profit share? I know that there are a lot of perspectives on what makes a cluster great. I'm interested to hear yours.

Last edited:
I am a consultant for the ISU Network Group. Expanding currently in Texas and surrounding states.
The ISU agency network are selectively appointing new agents in all 50 states. With a focus to grow outside of CA.

Key considerations when looking at a network and our stance.

- We are a national group with national appointments and middle market access with major carriers
- We are one of the largest in the nation verified by Insurance journal
- You Own Your Book and can sell to the highest bidder as desired.
- We pay 100% of the commissions , We take no Equity position or other hold on your business.
- We pay out majority of the Profit Sharing
- We have a direct access model for most carriers, you will be working with the marketing reps and underwriters directly; no access desk 99% of the time, but carriers at times limit access not us.
- Our Exit Clause is when you let us know and we'll sign off on everything and we commit to that via our contract terms.

We are happy to review options with like minded agents with a good agency and the need for a good national partner. I know as I was a successful ISU agent for many years. We are not a fit for all agencies but if a relationship with us can't make you a new return above our cost we will tell you before you join and show you the revenue difference and service advantage of a good partnership.
Check our website for more details or to get state specific details
joinisu .com

Peter Cross
512-423-1450

Just checking your site out, I guess this is not something a brand new P & C agent can join? It asks for agency premium's on the books? Have had 220 in Florida 12 years, been lucky to get a couple of appointment's through another agent to keep license but have never worked it.

I would like to identify retail P&C cluster members who have joined a cluster that is either centralized (with a shared services platform) or decentralized (largely informal arrangement with other partners). I'm focused primarily in Texas. Any ideas how to identify cluster members/operators? Thanks!

Run from them all! Start slow and do a good job... Buy the end of your first year, carriers will be asking you to sell their product.

I am a consultant for the ISU Network Group. Expanding currently in Texas and surrounding states. The ISU agency network are selectively appointing new agents in all 50 states. With a focus to grow outside of CA. Key considerations when looking at a network and our stance. - We are a national group with national appointments and middle market access with major carriers - We are one of the largest in the nation verified by Insurance journal - You Own Your Book and can sell to the highest bidder as desired. - We pay 100% of the commissions , We take no Equity position or other hold on your business. - We pay out majority of the Profit Sharing - We have a direct access model for most carriers, you will be working with the marketing reps and underwriters directly; no access desk 99% of the time, but carriers at times limit access not us. - Our Exit Clause is when you let us know and we'll sign off on everything and we commit to that via our contract terms. We are happy to review options with like minded agents with a good agency and the need for a good national partner. I know as I was a successful ISU agent for many years. We are not a fit for all agencies but if a relationship with us can't make you a new return above our cost we will tell you before you join and show you the revenue difference and service advantage of a good partnership. Check our website for more details or to get state specific details joinisu .com Peter Cross 512-423-1450

I've been trying to find more information about the start up fees for getting started with the ISU group.

Just checking your site out, I guess this is not something a brand new P & C agent can join? It asks for agency premium's on the books? Have had 220 in Florida 12 years, been lucky to get a couple of appointment's through another agent to keep license but have never worked it.
It is a bit tough for a new agent as the group has prior production review as one of the new member requirements, mainly to protect those member that are already in the group. If you are coming out of a larger entity or agency we can discuss that change, but it is still a tougher approval.

----------

I've been trying to find more information about the start up fees for getting started with the ISU group.
Best to call to discuss this question.

Back