P & C Commission Split Question

Boxer3246

I am a financial advisor with a general lines license (2-20) and do not write P & C business. If I give warm leads with declaration page of existing clients on car home, commercial to a P & C agent, what would be a good split for the written business and renewals going forward. Please elaborate on The P & C agents costs. I do know that the higher the split the less motivated the agent might be in working the leads, but the higher my volume to him may cause the commission split to be higher.For rounding purposes, assume a 10% commission on all new biz and trails.Thanks for your help.A

Boxer3246 said:
I am a financial advisor with a general lines license (2-20) and do not write P & C business. If I give warm leads with declaration page of existing clients on car home, commercial to a P & C agent, what would be a good split for the written business and renewals going forward. Please elaborate on The P & C agents costs. I do know that the higher the split the less motivated the agent might be in working the leads, but the higher my volume to him may cause the commission split to be higher.For rounding purposes, assume a 10% commission on all new biz and trails.Thanks for your help.A
Read more: Commission Split Question

Most agents will go 50/50 IF they are captive because they have policy counts to hit. Indys I don't think would do that.

There isn't a lot of fat on P&C business. I'd think 50% of the first term would be fair on both sides with no renewals. Too much of a book keeping headache.

50/50 on the first term wld be the most our indy cld consider.
We wldnt want to mess with giving renewal split for supplying leads. Wld have to be p&c licensed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is to being able to PM. :)

Last edited:
Back