P+C and Life

Mah

Super Genius
Are the commissions and market for Properties and Casualty better than Life? I noticed a lot of folks here who are indie are in the P+C.

Thank you,

Mah

P&C Commissions is based on the products and vary by carrier and/or MGA. Normally 10%-15%, again depending on the company and/or wholesaler you work with.

Typically with Life insurance, the commission is higher, but only for the first year and some on second year (depending on company again).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
P&C, around 10-15%, life 70-100%. unless you work for WFG. Then life is 25%.

WFG or other MLM insurance outfits...

Last edited:
Lool no more WFG. Thank you everyone for the information. I realized %25 is really nothing compared to whats out there. I was wondering why we have so many P+C indy compared to life and investment. Perhaps there is more demand for P &C? New company I'm being interviewed with (Combined) requires I have life and health both. Right now, I only have life.

Depends what you want to do. P&C is heavy paper. Lots of underwriting and submissions. Multiple submissions to carriers if your not direct. I love P&C its not soo cookie cutter as benefits. Then again with healthcare reform coming Benefits especially voluntary are going to be big...

I prefer commercial because you deal with the owners - executives rather then enrolling lots of workers

Depends what you want to do. P&C is heavy paper. Lots of underwriting and submissions. Multiple submissions to carriers if your not direct. I love P&C its not soo cookie cutter as benefits. Then again with healthcare reform coming Benefits especially voluntary are going to be big...

I prefer commercial because you deal with the owners - executives rather then enrolling lots of workers[/QUOT

Exactly that's why I need to get my health license soon. Great, I don't think PC would allow me to make as much money as I would like especially the fact that I am a beginner.:no:

You are very right. P&C is for experienced producers. Money doesnt get great until you hit larger more risky accounts. Then you have to be good at underwriting to get competitive quotes from your carriers. Very hard to compete against an experienced agent. Carriers also give better quotes to longer term producers to help them convert accounts dogy eat dog world for a newbie

I'm totally into life and investment. Perhaps here and there LTC. Curious about your signature, does your company do cold-calling for insurance agents?

Back