P&C Online Leads Advice

Eddie_K

Hi Guys. We've been purchasing quite a few online leads over the past few months with mixed results. It seems that of all the leads we've purchased, about 25% of them are willing to pick up the phone within the first few phone calls made to them, and 75% are not willing to answer at all. When we finally do get someone in that 75% category, they're frustrated as hell when they pick up....making for a very difficult (if not impossible) conversation.

I'm assuming the lead provider has been calling them non-stop over the past few weeks/months and then we're doing the same on our end at the agency. These folks are getting bombarded with phone calls and aren't happy at all when we speak with them.

My question is what to do with the majority of these leads? We paid for them, I don't want them to go to waste. Sending these "non-responsive" customers post cards and ballpark quotes in the mail hasn't been successful at all either. Any advice here?

Thanks!

Eddie_K said:
Hi Guys. We've been purchasing quite a few online leads over the past few months with mixed results. It seems that of all the leads we've purchased, about 25% of them are willing to pick up the phone within the first few phone calls made to them, and 75% are not willing to answer at all. When we finally do get someone in that 75% category, they're frustrated as hell when they pick up....making for a very difficult (if not impossible) conversation.

I'm assuming the lead provider has been calling them non-stop over the past few weeks/months and then we're doing the same on our end at the agency. These folks are getting bombarded with phone calls and aren't happy at all when we speak with them.

My question is what to do with the majority of these leads? We paid for them, I don't want them to go to waste. Sending these "non-responsive" customers post cards and ballpark quotes in the mail hasn't been successful at all either. Any advice here?

Thanks!

Well first off all the lead companies are crap so this is going to happen no matter who you are with.

Best approach I've found is to drip email and x date everything that I don't close. Doesn't do a whole lot but I haven't been able to get anything better. a lead management system is key.

Hope this helps!

If you have a 75% non-contact rate after 3 days and you are putting in a reasonable effort to contact them, it is simply time to find a new lead vendor.

All lead vendors go in cycles, better for a while, then garbage for a while, then back to better (usually). It's never great, but hopefully its 'okay'. Shut them down when they get to bad.

Right now, there seems to be a LOT of recycled leads in the system. Makes it hard to turn a buck on the leads and you end up with 75% non-response rates.

Shut this one down for at least 3 months, try another.

Dan

tried one of these sites myself as a shopper and within 5 minutes had multiple calls and emails for 2-3 days. Only one sent me a drip 6 months out and I was impressed.

Back