P&C with Primerica?

what2do

I was talking to a friend that just signed on with Primerica. She told me that they will alow her to write P&C business without obtaining her license? How can this be? BTW-she does have her life and health license.

I am an ambassador with my local Chamber of Commerce so I run across the Primerica folks from time to time. A nice elderly lady was passing out tri folds directing people to a primerica website for a home and auto quote with her Id number stamped on them. I suspect if the go online and buy the quote while inputting her ID number, she is compensated in some way. I doubt it is new and renewal commish if she is unlicensed. They did have a respectable list of national carriers including Travelers, Hartford and Safeco.

It is a referral program. We get paid referral fees, not full commissions. Our clients call into Answer Financial to get the quotes. AF quotes 30+ A rated companies. AF gets the full commission, as they have the licenses. We get a fixed referral fee. We as Primerica agents don't advise on Home and/or Auto insurance. We simply refer our clients to AF.

I figured that it had to be some kind of situation like that, but from the way she made it sound-she was actually writing the business. Thanks for explaining.

Since you are a Primerica rep, can you answer something for me? If the mantra is to buy term and invest the difference, wouldn't it make sense to buy the cheapest term so that you'd have more to invest?

It is a referral program. We get paid referral fees, not full commissions. Our clients call into Answer Financial to get the quotes. AF quotes 30+ A rated companies. AF gets the full commission, as they have the licenses. We get a fixed referral fee. We as Primerica agents don't advise on Home and/or Auto insurance. We simply refer our clients to AF.

Since you are a Primerica rep, can you answer something for me? If the mantra is to buy term and invest the difference, wouldn't it make sense to buy the cheapest term so that you'd have more to invest?

Don't go trying to confuse the guy! :D

I figured that it had to be some kind of situation like that, but from the way she made it sound-she was actually writing the business. Thanks for explaining.

I was talking to a RVP with Primerica a couple of years ago (Maine) and he mentioned he had gotten his P&C License and had sold P&C through Primerica before the carriers they offered moved out of state...

Back