P&C Producer's Average Production

I own a small independent insurance agency with a book around 6 million in P&C, with a 60-40 commercial-personal split. Our staff has been mostly family and support staff, but recently we transferred one of our commercial CSR's into a full time producer and hired another full time producer out of college. We have very good markets, both personal and commercial. What sort of production can i expect out of these two producers on a monthly basis? year 1, year 2, year 5/10? they are responsible for their own rating, and generating their own clients, however, we do have a plethora of contacts and former clients for them to go after, as our agency has been around for almost 50 years.

The answer will vary a lot, depending on your market, carriers, rates, etc. I would start with what the average is for other producers you have, shave a bit off of that for the CSR convert and drop it in half for the new producer.

Neither of these are coming in with a book or relationships to work with, so it will take a while for them to get going. Especially the new guy.

Dan

I would consider myself average or worse and I am on pace to bring in ~$205,000 of premium based in my first 8 months here (little to no commercial). So my guess would be $200-350k of premium is average (P&C, metro area, not heavy in commercial).

Back