Part Time Jobs When Getting Started

MarcusP617

I was recently laid off from a salaried position in the workforce where I was making about 45K annually.

I have a strong desire to work for myself as an entrepreneur and independent agent without clocking in and working a 9-5, so I am going to utilize my 2-15 and start practicing as an agent.

That being said, I do have a mortgage to pay and do not underestimate the work that will go into establishing consistent business. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a part-time job where I can work evenings. I'm 25 years old with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, and all of my post-secondary experience has been in B2B sales. While I begin my insurance career, I'm open to any suggestions (hotels/hospitality, warehouse work) -- can anyone relate to my situation and recommend jobs I may want to look for to work part time while I utilize the first portion of my day to practice insurance?

Walgreens has overnights shift leads that start at 29K. You work 8 days and get 6 days off. CVS works week on week off also and pay more. Most factories in NC have rotational shifts were u work 2 or 3 days on and get a 3 days off. Dock workers work weird hours like 11 pm to 6am maybe you can look that up. Newspaper route u work at night, if you have a nice car maybe you could do lyft or UBER but as a last resort.

Usually have good flexibility with Cash job's, Waiter Taxi and so forth.This is what I did my first year and half. Also help's not taxed

I would find a part-time job in retail sales, preferably with a commission component. You kill two birds with one stone:

* Earn extra lead money
* You keep honing your sales/closing skills while earning money! That way you're always in "Sales" mode

Keep at it, never give up on your goal, and soon you'll be quitting that part-time job and building a massive business in insurance.

I was a bartender at night, insurance sales by day. Something in the service or interaction industry is a great place to be. Anything where you need to talk to people all day or night will help you in your insurance career.

I was a bartender at night, insurance sales by day. Something in the service or interaction industry is a great place to be. Anything where you need to talk to people all day or night will help you in your insurance career.

I found the same thing with Taxi, Any Tip based Job will have that effect

I was recently laid off from a salaried position in the workforce where I was making about 45K annually.

I have a strong desire to work for myself as an entrepreneur and independent agent without clocking in and working a 9-5, so I am going to utilize my 2-15 and start practicing as an agent.

That being said, I do have a mortgage to pay and do not underestimate the work that will go into establishing consistent business. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a part-time job where I can work evenings. I'm 25 years old with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, and all of my post-secondary experience has been in B2B sales. While I begin my insurance career, I'm open to any suggestions (hotels/hospitality, warehouse work) -- can anyone relate to my situation and recommend jobs I may want to look for to work part time while I utilize the first portion of my day to practice insurance?

I was working as caregiver on a private case during the weekends, just replacing the other 2 ladies who were 3 days each. 24 hours shifts. This particular case was very easy. You can try to find such job through employment agency or someone you know.

Get a night job as a hotel auditor. You will have a lot of down time and can work on your insurance marketing.

Where in Florida are you? I know the state well and have some connections from Pensacola to Sarasota and can give you better advice if you want to private message me.

Good luck in your quest.

Find a part-time job that will insert you into the lives of your target market. Bartender is an excellent gig because people always talk to a bartender. Servers are the same way to a lesser extent. Pick the restaurant based on your target market.

Very few cities in the US have a strong presence of taxi cabs. Not easy to strike up a meaningful conversation when your back is turned to someone. Also, bartenders and servers build relationships with the regulars that come into the restaurant. I actually got my career in insurance because of a regular who came into the restaurant I worked at.

Which market would be the best for a part time
agent to get started in?
P&C is out, I would think.
FE might work, term over the phone and online maybe.

I never sold Med Sup, would that work?
Payroll deduct?
DI, annuities?
Looking for in put from successful agents that may
have started part-time.

Shooter

Back