Pgi agents out there?

Warrior

Super Genius
Does anyone know anything about PGI?

They told me it was:

$2750.00 to join
$475.00 per month

This Covers: EzLynx Rater, Management System, Marketing System, E&O Insurance, Any agency training needed for yourself or staff, direct appointments with the carriers, no middle man, and they take out the monthly payments from your commissions. 80/20 split until you sell into the next level then it will be after the 1st year a 90/10 split. 168 carriers nationwide.

Has anyone joined them? This seems to be a great place. :GEEK:

I would reconsider some of the detail of your post. You did sign a NDA, after all. If you expect the other party to live up to their obligations, you should do the same.

I think you could do a lot worse than PGI. You really need to evaluate your priorities and know them before talking to groups. Don't compromise what's most important just to reach a certain end.

I lived by that rule when starting out, and am glad I did. Not saying I wouldn't join a group to leverage the volume and bonus, but I'm glad not to be tied down right now. That lines up with what was most important to me when starting my IA.

I didn't sign a non disclosure. The person on the phone told me everything over the phone. All I wanted to do is make sure if there were anyone out there who has a contract with PGI if this is a good place to build my business through.

I do not want to get burned again. I went through a bad experience with SMART CHOICE AGENTS and I am cautious to not step on another land mine again. Especially since these clusters cost so much to join.
:dull:

PM Cgreene.

There are many others on here as well.

Don't talk to me. I'll be a biased resource.

Seems odd we did not have you sign a NonDis. (I'll have to chat with someone about that.) But some of your info above is off base....

I worked on the carrier side for Years. Met Aggregators all around the country in my management roles. I'll say, when I met PGI, I knew something was being done dramatically different here. And I love being a part of it.

Make sure to read every contract in detail and take it literally, not what you think it says, but what it actually says. Not just PGI, but every contract.

Some contracts make it easier to part ways than others and don't forget that time has value as well. Sometimes being able to buy your way out is much better than having to sit out.

Hi Warrior
What happened with you @ Smart Choice ? I’m considering between SC & PGI too. Thanks for sharing !

Hi Warrior
What happened with you @ Smart Choice ? I’m considering between SC & PGI too. Thanks for sharing !

SC has a middle person doing the deal. You supply them with your client info, they run the quote and they manage the policy. You are never allowed to talk to the companies, or the Underwriter, you have to talk to the SC rep and they will determin if they will call the Underwriter for you. Too many indians trying to run things and they don't trust an agent to manage a client themselves. They caused too many E&O issues and cost me a huge client.
I went Independent and found a local aggrigator that provides me with 20 companies to quote through. Much better option, no monthly fees either. I just pay him 10% if my commissions. I've quadrupled my sales and it has been a boone for me.

Back