PL Rater

fauxfive55

Anyone use PL Rater in California? We're on the fence between EZLynx and PL Rater and currently use FSC. The major advantage we see of PL Rater is the Choicepoint integration.

So, for those that use PL Rater in CA, is the data PL Rater pulls from Choicepoint (VINs/SS#, etc) relatively accurate in California?

Thanks in advance,
Joel Wagner
WHINS Insurance Agency

Start with what carriers you use. In California, FSC is king when it comes to carriers, others only dream of having as many. Of course, this doesn't matter if you don't need the rest of the carriers.

Then decide how you work. I know agents who swear by FSC, simply because they print out quotes for 30 carriers and tell the client, 'Okay, now I've shopped your rates, which do you want?', which seems pretty effective and keeps them from going elsewhere to shop. Other agents only want to show a few rates, to keep it simple and open a discussion.

Choicepoint data for vins is reasonably accurate. I doubt you get SS#'s from them though (I have never tried that part). To be honest though, vins is a bit of hit and miss. Preferred clients, usually not an issue. Non-standard clients never seem to have the same car. Households that split and/or combine will always cause problems with vin's.

I guess my real question is what problem are you trying to solve?????

Dan

Back