Please critique my telemarketing script

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
Please critique my script. Im having decent success with it but some thing tells me it could be better?

Hi, this is Chris, Im a health insurance broker and I specialize in working with health insurance benefits for small businesses as well as the self employed. I have couple of 'A' rated companies that I represent, which have just released new affordable health insurance plans to the market and I wanted to find out if you currently have a group plan or are you on individual health insurance?

Then they tell me what they are on- "Individual" "Group"
I then ask- Would you be interested in looking at some options to try and lower your premiums? And work from there depending on their reply!

1. "BROKER" - I never use the word "broker" most people associate the word broker with fees

2. "individual" or "group" half the people I talk to don't know the difference.

3. "Would you be interested in looking at some options to try and lower your premiums? " This is too easy to say NO. Re word into a statement not a question. Give someone a YES or NO question guess which they will pick?

1. "BROKER" - I never use the word "broker" most people associate the word broker with fees

2. "individual" or "group" half the people I talk to don't know the difference.

3. "Would you be interested in looking at some options to try and lower your premiums? " This is too easy to say NO. Re word into a statement not a question. Give someone a YES or NO question guess which they will pick?

Ok what would you use there instead of broker? Agent?

What statement would you use instead?

Thanks,

Chris

I like the phrase, 'are you open to...' rather than 'are in you interested in...'

Something like, 'I'm just calling to see if you are open to saving money on your health insurance premiums...etc'

Ok how about this one?

Hi __________ this is Chris , I’m a health Insurance Agent and I specialize in working with health insurance benefits for small businesses as well as the self-employed. Do you currently have any health insurance coverage?

I'm calling to see if you are open to saving money on your health insurance premiums? I have a couple of ‘A’ rated companies that I represent, which have just released new affordable health insurance plans to the market and I have been saving most of my Clients at least 30-40% off their current premiums.

Whatever you say...you have about seven seconds to spark their interest. Make sure you get in a key word or phrase such as "save you money", "lower your premium", "substantial savings" or "PPL."

Oh...I don't know how that last one slipped in there.

just ask them.....are you paying to much for your health insurance......how do you know......

I like the "do you pay too much for your health insurance." Very few consumers will ever tell you "No, I'm getting a great deal!" From there you can ask your qualifying questions and if they seem qualified pin them to their previous affirmation of paying too much: "Since you've said your paying too much and I've got a lot of great plans, why don't we set up a time next week to look at the options together. Is Tuesday or Thursday better you you?

Ok how about this one?

Hi __________ this is Chris , I’m a health Insurance Agent and I specialize in working with health insurance benefits for small businesses as well as the self-employed. Do you currently have any health insurance coverage?

I'm calling to see if you are open to saving money on your health insurance premiums? I have a couple of ‘A’ rated companies that I represent, which have just released new affordable health insurance plans to the market and I have been saving most of my Clients at least 30-40% off their current premiums.

If you're "only" calling small business owners get rid of "as well as the self employed" so you save yourself a few seconds. No sense in saying the same thing twice.

I like to ask a prospect "do you currently have an individual or family plan." Most people confuse group coverage and individual/family coverage and this gives you an opportunity to dig deeper and look like an open, honest and intelligent agent. Here is what I've been using for the past 2 months and it works very good for me. Keep in mind that 80% of any script lies with your comfort zone and natural speaking ability.

Hello, is Mr. XXXXX available please? This is J.R. with Mid Atlantic Health Plans. Instead of going into a long winded sales pitch, can I tell you what I do in 30 seconds and then you can decide if we should talk further?..........I appreciate it.

I own a small home-based health insurance agency here in Laurel where I specialize in offering individual and family health plans to small business owners. There are some new plans that have come out with lower rates that are allowing me to save clients 20%-35% off their premiums, while providing a chance to custom design your coverage so you don’t pay for things you don’t want. I'd like to send you the details so you can discover what's available and compare your options. Do you currently have an individual or family plan? Proceed to qualify or schedule a first-in appointment.

2(a).Answer 1 - Client says they have a group plan.

“I’m sorry but these are plans for individuals and families, not group. Would you still like the details sent to you to see if you would benefit to switching? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(b).Answer 2 - Clients says they already have an individual plan.

“That’s great. We’d like to get the information out to you so you can see the new plans and rates on the market. Do we have your permission to e-mail you the information? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(c).Answer 3 - Client says they don’t have any health insurance.

“Well we would love to get the information out to you. There are many new very affordable plans now available. Do we have your permission to send you the information? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(d). Answer 4 – Client says they are not interested. “Thank them for the time and continue onto the next call.”

3) What is your e-mail address? Obtain DOB for all members, Smoker
Status, Best Phone #, Home Zip Code and individual or family plan request.

4) “Ok, I got all the information I need right now. It will take me some time to get all of my research done for you so you should receive the information by the end of the day. When is a good time to call you back within the next couple of days so we can take about 10 minutes to discover your options and then decide where take things?

Ok, I'll send you the email and the subject will say "Health Insurance Quotes" so you know it's not spam! I'll call at XXXXXX. All we'll do at that time is just walk through some plans and rates and I'll give you some recommendations. Then after the call you can have time to compare, but at least you'll know your options to save money on your health insurance and taxes. Do you have any questions for me before I let you go? Have a nice day.

If you're "only" calling small business owners get rid of "as well as the self employed" so you save yourself a few seconds. No sense in saying the same thing twice.

I like to ask a prospect "do you currently have an individual or family plan." Most people confuse group coverage and individual/family coverage and this gives you an opportunity to dig deeper and look like an open, honest and intelligent agent. Here is what I've been using for the past 2 months and it works very good for me. Keep in mind that 80% of any script lies with your comfort zone and natural speaking ability.

Hello, is Mr. XXXXX available please? This is J.R. with Mid Atlantic Health Plans. Instead of going into a long winded sales pitch, can I tell you what I do in 30 seconds and then you can decide if we should talk further?..........I appreciate it.

I own a small home-based health insurance agency here in Laurel where I specialize in offering individual and family health plans to small business owners. There are some new plans that have come out with lower rates that are allowing me to save clients 20%-35% off their premiums, while providing a chance to custom design your coverage so you don’t pay for things you don’t want. I'd like to send you the details so you can discover what's available and compare your options. Do you currently have an individual or family plan? Proceed to qualify or schedule a first-in appointment.

2(a).Answer 1 - Client says they have a group plan.

“I’m sorry but these are plans for individuals and families, not group. Would you still like the details sent to you to see if you would benefit to switching? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(b).Answer 2 - Clients says they already have an individual plan.

“That’s great. We’d like to get the information out to you so you can see the new plans and rates on the market. Do we have your permission to e-mail you the information? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(c).Answer 3 - Client says they don’t have any health insurance.

“Well we would love to get the information out to you. There are many new very affordable plans now available. Do we have your permission to send you the information? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(d). Answer 4 – Client says they are not interested. “Thank them for the time and continue onto the next call.”

3) What is your e-mail address? Obtain DOB for all members, Smoker
Status, Best Phone #, Home Zip Code and individual or family plan request.

4) “Ok, I got all the information I need right now. It will take me some time to get all of my research done for you so you should receive the information by the end of the day. When is a good time to call you back within the next couple of days so we can take about 10 minutes to discover your options and then decide where take things?

Ok, I'll send you the email and the subject will say "Health Insurance Quotes" so you know it's not spam! I'll call at XXXXXX. All we'll do at that time is just walk through some plans and rates and I'll give you some recommendations. Then after the call you can have time to compare, but at least you'll know your options to save money on your health insurance and taxes. Do you have any questions for me before I let you go? Have a nice day.

Ok I like that pitch. Makes a lot of sense!

What happens when you get business owners with a group plan already in place and they dont want to look at individual? I usually ask when their renewals come up so that I can throw on my bid. Do you even mess with small group?

Latest posts

Back