PLEASE HELP. License and Background Issue

eskenasi

Hello All,

Please help me get some sleep.

I'm not yet convicted and will do all I can to prove my innocence. I need to know if I were to get convicted of a misdemeanor for spousal battery in the State of CA would I be able to keep my P&C / L&H Licenses.
I’ve had no prior convictions. I've been a licensed broker/agent in CA since 2009 and been in the industry since 1999.

My first and biggest concern is my residence licenses in CA, my NV is secondary. If anyone knows the answer or can tell me where I can find the answer it would be much appreciated.

I tried to look up this issue on the CA DOI website but can't seem to locate the answer. I also called but they don't talk to you regarding background issues they say it will be reviewed and they will let you know if and when it because an issue and refer you back to the website for more info.

I think these links will help, but I doubt you'll be getting any sleep tonight.

Licensing Background Change Reporting Requirements Pursuant To CIC 1729.2

Licensing Background Change Reporting Requirements Pursuant To CIC 1729.2

Section 1729.2 of the California Insurance Code requires insurance producer applicants and licensees to notify the Insurance Commissioner in writing, within 30 days, of changes in background information after an application has been submitted or a license has been issued.

Background information is defined as:
A misdemeanor or felony conviction;
A filing of felony criminal charges in state or federal court;
An administrative action regarding a professional or occupational license;
Discharge or attempt to discharge, in a personal or organizational bankruptcy proceeding, an obligation regarding any insurance premiums or fiduciary funds owed to any company, including a premium finance company, or managing general agent;

Any admission, or judicial finding or determination, of fraud, misappropriation or conversion of funds, misrepresentation, or breach of fiduciary duty.
Important: Failure to report background changes within 30 days as required under Section 1729.2 of the California Insurance Code could subject a licensee or applicant to formal disciplinary action, including a fine, suspension, denial, restriction, or revocation of the license.

Background Review FAQs

Hello All,

I'm not yet convicted and will do all I can to prove my innocence. I need to know if I were to get convicted of a misdemeanor for spousal battery in the State of CA would I be able to keep my P&C / L&H Licenses.
I’ve had no prior convictions. I've been a licensed broker/agent in CA since 2009 and been in the industry since 1999.

My first and biggest concern is my residence licenses in CA, my NV is secondary. If anyone knows the answer or can tell me where I can find the answer it would be much appreciated.

I tried to look up this issue on the CA DOI website but can't seem to locate the answer. I also called but they don't talk to you regarding background issues they say it will be reviewed and they will let you know if and when it because an issue and refer you back to the website for more info.

Help you get some sleep? You need your ass kicked.....

Hello All,

Did you hit your wife? If so, I agree with Mr. Hooker.

Back