Possible Marketing/Retention Tool?

JRoot

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a referral relationship with a local estate planning attorney and she referred me to www.legaldirectives.com.

She gives each new client a nice plastic wallet card that stores their living will, health care power of attorney, HIPAA authorization form, emergency contact information, allergies, medical information etc. The idea is that in case of a medical emergency, all this information is available right away instead of waiting for a family member to search and find these items during a crucial time.

The benefit for providing this to her clients is on each of the wallet cards is her logo and contact information. Her name is always with each of her clients. She was telling me that her clients love this card and she gets consistent referrals from this. It also keeps her name fresh when it's time for a review.

It's a great marketing tool for estate planning attorneys, but I think it could be a great benefit for our clients for agents willing to pay for it.

What do you guys think?

I have a referral relationship with a local estate planning attorney and she referred me to www.legaldirectives.com.

She gives each new client a nice plastic wallet card that stores their living will, health care power of attorney, HIPAA authorization form, emergency contact information, allergies, medical information etc. The idea is that in case of a medical emergency, all this information is available right away instead of waiting for a family member to search and find these items during a crucial time.

The benefit for providing this to her clients is on each of the wallet cards is her logo and contact information. Her name is always with each of her clients. She was telling me that her clients love this card and she gets consistent referrals from this. It also keeps her name fresh when it's time for a review.

It's a great marketing tool for estate planning attorneys, but I think it could be a great benefit for our clients for agents willing to pay for it.

What do you guys think?

How does all of that fit on the card?

On the card is a member # and pin #. The physician or family member types it in and all this information is at their fingertips. Instructions are on the back of the card that she showed me.

cardey7.jpg

Instead of "Legal Directives, LLC" name and logo, the professional who provided this service contact and logo will be there.

Last edited:
I don't think most of the people I know would be comfortable carrying all that personal information around in their wallet.

Is a living will even valid if its not an original signed copy?

Back