Pre-Paid Legal

Anybody a member of pre-paid legal? I am an active member and recruiter. I've been looking to build another residual income stream and offer this product to clients as well. I am finding that its really a hard sell to individuals because its a product that you really have to explain to the potential consumer. Its not something that a consumer would be out on the look for or a necessity of anykind. Give me your .02 on Prepaid legal!

Thanks,

Andre.

Don't quote me on the survey source, but I believe it was Watson Wyatt that put Prepaid legal plans as the 3rd most requested by employees after the core products of LTD, Health, etc......

You're in the right place... just gotta' market it....... call larger employers and talk about how voluntary benefits can take some of the heat off the rising costs of health insurance and provide a more robust employee benefit platform.

Good luck.

Another nice gentleman came on here about 6 to 9 months or so trying to recruit board members.

He dazzled us with his charm, wit, and excellent use of the english language.

He left behind a mighty big pair of shoes to fill. Good luck

Most pre-paid legal plans I have seen are nothing more than a referral service to lawyers who have agreed to discount their services. So, solicitations I have received have been along the line of "You will be required to reduce your hourly fees by a discount amount. So, what are your hourly fees? (hint-hint) You will also have to charge half-price for a standard will, etc. etc."

Most pre-paid legal plans I have seen are nothing more than a referral service to lawyers who have agreed to discount their services. So, solicitations I have received have been along the line of "You will be required to reduce your hourly fees by a discount amount. So, what are your hourly fees? (hint-hint) You will also have to charge half-price for a standard will, etc. etc."

well upon signing up you get a free will set up in your name. They also give you legal advice depending on your situation and assign you a reputable providing law firm. If you don't use it hours rack up in your favor over the years until you reach a certin amount. They are a MLM just like NAA or World financial group but an insurance policy for tax issues, traffic tickets, exc... legal advice for when legal advice or representation is needed

Last edited:
Id rather buy term and spend the difference.

I'd rather poke something sharp into my eyes. But not both eyes...just one of them.

PPL may have some kind of record of doing good here and there, but personally, I couldn't even imagine bringing this up to my clients as a viable thing. In fact, I think just the name itself is enough to blow one's credibility as a broker or financial professional (which I am licensed as - Series 7/66, and insurance license).

Plus, that douche who used to post here about it was, well, a douche. However, that's not the only reason for my negative opinion on this outfit.

Good luck with it...I'll warn my clients to stay away. But my clients are smart, I'm sure they already know it's crap - makes my job even easier.

Back