Questions to Ask While Interviewing a Potential Telemarketer

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
I'm thinking about hiring a telemarketer to make cold calls for FE (and maybe supps). I've done I in the past, plus it used TM leads for over a year. I think I can keep the costs down by using a dialer and hiring one myself.

So, what type of questions should you ask them when interviewing?

Last edited:
Ask for a sound clip so you know what they sound like.
Ask them about their set up.

Are you doing this with a freelancer from Odesk or someone local?

I'm thinking about hiring a telemarketer to make cold calls for FE (and maybe supps). I've done I in the past, plus it used TM leads for over a year. I think I can keep the costs down by using a dialer and hiring one myself.

So, what type of questions should you ask them when interviewing?

First one person on a dialer isn't going to be efficient..IMO. Good ole copy and paste with a soft voip phone will be as fast. Should be able to get 3 to 400 calls per 7.5 hrs.

Clearly a phone interview would be suggested as phase 1 of your process. I personally like to find the voice and no experience. Fewer bad habits that way and easier to gear towards how you want things done.

Well I already have access to a dialer and unlimited data with a CRM for cheap, so might as well use it.

Just a few...
Hours they can work?
Ever done it before?
Computer literacy for any programs you use?
Role-play with them on scripts to evaluate.
Can they speak well?
What motivates them i.e. cash, flexible hours, working from home, tier-based incentives. Use this to motivate them.

It's not rocket science, but they just need to have a good phone voice and you can teach them your products... you can't teach people skills.

Do you speak English?
Do you do drugs?
Do you mind sharing?

Seriously though. Just make sure they are willing to work and look for a decent voice. Anyone, well almost anyone, van be trained.

I wish I could print out this thread and show it to my GA. He has a "telemarketer". The telemarketer manually dials from the office phone, with no direction, a terrible script, and full of "uhhhs" and "ummms". He works 6 hour shifts. His average dials are 20 numbers or so a day. 99% of the time he sits browsing the internet on his phone or making personal calls. Then when asked why no leads are ever gotten from the cold calling, the telemarketer has the nerve to say that it's because the script is bad.

It amazes me how my GA has been in business for 35 years. Things like this tell me he's not too bright.

Last edited:
The huge problem you're going to have is knowing wether somebody working out of there house is really calling or they just milking you per hour.I still think its better to pay someone per lead they get. Another problem is keeping some one.

His average dials are 20 numbers or so a day. 99% of the time he sits browsing the internet on his phone or making personal calls.

WOW....and he still has a job?:no:

----------

@Yammy.....it is 2K14 and there is technology out there that can track that information for you.

Free technology I might add. You can have a marketer calling from home and still be able to see what their overall productivity is.

3CX Phone System - Software Based VoIP IP PBX / PABX for Windows

The huge problem you're going to have is knowing wether somebody working out of there house is really calling or they just milking you per hour.I still think its better to pay someone per lead they get. Another problem is keeping some one.

That's not a problem at all if you have then call from a dialer. Paying per lead is a recipe for horrible leads. You should stick to harassing the FE marketers...

Back