Real Horror Stories.

Cornelius

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was reading a thread where people mention some instances where people bought into the concept of BTID and things didn't really pan out.

So here is my request. Can people share some stories of situations where people came to end of term and couldn't get more or keep current coverage due to health or cost especially if a replacement is done.

Also feel free to share stories where you tried to get someone to buy a Life policy and they balked or took their time to the detriment of others..

BTID has been around since waht the 70's and Final Expense seems like a big market for the boomers. Which kind of means two things. People in large didn't or couldn't save and they still need coverage..

I think many agents could benefit from some of the situations other agents have run across where it will show there's more to consider than just selling a policy when considering long term obligations.

What if a person dies but what if they don't? Well share a story if you have one.. :swoon: :no:

Doesn't everyone die?

Apparently not. Was talking with a client last week and she said, "If and when I die...." I might need to start carrying a graph that pictures the mortality rate for humans as being 100%.

Have had people insisting they didn't need life insurance because they were not going to die.. they were going to be raptured.. since I started in 1971... Since the rapture has not taken place, I assume some of them are now well over 100 years old..

----------

Not really a "horror" story but I met a fellow this afternoon that I first met when I was working a debit in 1971. I sold him some WL insurance at that time. We were talking about how long we had know each other and how we first met. He said, "I sure wish I still had that insurance today instead of dropping it." He had bought into the BTID with AL Williams. Now, he has no insurance and doesn't feel he can afford the premium. At least with the WL, he would have more than enough Paid up to pay funeral expenses. As I have said before, I have never met anyone face to face that has said they were happy they bought term as their sole life insurance product.

$20 a month can prevent a car wash. $20! If you have kids, it should be required. I'm a big fan of insurance on everyone- kids, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and second cousins! Even if it's a tiny little WL to cover the bare minimum. I would never want my family to have to get on TV/radio begging for money to bury me. It's such a simple solution. . .

Back