Recamp

I saw on here the other day someone mention RECAMP, and either they or an employee had used it with some success. Went to the website and found some info.

The site gives a pretty broad description. I've contacted them for more detail, but what they sent me wasn't any more detailed.

Has anyone that has some first hand knowledge of this give me a better idea? Rough cost would be helpful also.

Hey, i think bertillinoo ( not sure if i spelled it correctly) said his personal lines guy uses it with great success. I went to the site and looked up info too. I was curious too, but i couldnt find membership details or cost.

Recamp itself is pretty straightforward. You are probably looking for something far more sophisticated than what it is.

Start by looking at: Home | AppreciationKards

In a nutshell, recamp is simply a series of cards that you send out on behalf of the realtor. Basically, a person buys a house, the realtor refers them to you for insurance. In exchange, you send (on behalf of the realtor) a series of cards, I think its like 5 a year, for at least 5 years, with the realtors cards inserted in the card.

The card site mentioned above is the cards they use, recamp is the system where you track everything and provide reports to the realtors on who was sent what. I think they also include some marketing material to help present this to the realtor.

They also have a similar system for use with car dealers.

Its expensive. I think last time I talked to them (5 years ago????) it was over $2000 for the system. I didn't sign up for it, but I know several agents that used it successfully until the real estate market fell apart. Now, not so much, though I'm sure it would still work.

Its basically a simple co-marketing plan for realtors.

Dan

I have an agent that just started using it. She was a title rep with many contacts in the local RE community. She was getting leads from her old friends but I felt this would give her something of value to offer her current agents and loan officers while opening the door for others. The guy was very impressive on the phone and I think his program will work. Time will tell but the early results have been positive.

Last edited:
So I heard from the head of the company today. Cost is a one time fee of $1,495.00.

He also indicates it's mostly about mailing out cards on the realtor/mortgage person's behalf. Then says he could send me information but it's far too complicated to understand without a 1 1/2 hour conversation.

There's a pretty good description by the moderator already, but I will weigh in also. It is fairly expensive to sign up, but it's a lot more than just card mailing campaign. David Johnson has extensive experience in the real estate and insurance world and has developed a program that benefits insurance agents and is free to realtors. In my opinion, anyone approaching a lender or realtor without a program like this is just wasting their time. Realtors and lenders are constantly hit up for referrals and know very well how to get rid of insurance agents. With a system like RECAMP, I promise, they will be eating out of your hands one you've finished the presentation. When you sign up you, get scripts to help guide your presentation, but you can fine tune it to make it more comfortable.

I've heard some people say, "Well I could just buy my own cards and mark the calendar for when to mail them out." Sounds great, but I promise you it won't happen. Even with only one client, you are sending out 8-9 cards every year, signing them for the realtor and including a business card, hand writing the address and then paying for and applying postage. This will get very time consuming and will take time away from the agents duties and their staff. Now imagine having 50 clients on the program and sending out 450 cards a year! It's possible to be done, but I say you are better off letting RECAMP do what they were designed to do.

I've had great success with this program. Realtors and lenders actually WANT to send you referrals because they know that it will help them grow their own business and earn more income. I got tired of telemarketing and buying leads, which is a 90% waste of time. If you are looking for a new system to replace your old school marketing techniques, RECAMP is a great option. And no, I don't work for RECAMP and they didn't pay me to say this. I was amazed at how easily the program helped me get policies so I wanted to share this with fellow agents. Like with any marketing program, there will be costs, but instead of throwing money at leads and getting next to nothing, RECAMP gives you a system that makes you more desirable than the thousands of other agents out there.

Back