Reference USA Change

Full Throttle

Guru
1000 Post Club
Midwest
Does anyone else use Reference USA to build their prospecting lists? I've used it for a couple years and at least through my library system, they changed the download program so you have to input the criteria each time to do as new search instead of having the fields automatically populated.

Has anyone else noticed this change? Any luck finding a way around it? I can still build the list, but it takes a lot longer than it use to for the same volume of records. That being said, I can't argue with the list price.

Use the back button? Usually what I do is open up a new tab with a page and then use the back button to "deselect" so I can get more records. The biggest pain is the 50 record max before having to go back and deselect records.

FT
I am in North TX. I just started copying lists from Reference USA today. The screen gives me business name, owner name (half the time) address, city, zip and phone.

After two years, what kind of success have you had using RUSA? How up to date is their lists as to current phone and owner?

Do you have some encouraging stats as to how well you have done in converting calls to apps using RUSA as your call list?

Phil

After two years, what kind of success have you had using RUSA?

Same as any other list I've used. In my opinion, a list is a list is a list.

How up to date is their lists as to current phone and owner?

As good and as bad as any other I've used. A rough estimate is 10% to 15% of the records are off, not in business any longer, owner sold out, ect. A non-issue, just ask for the correct person or move onto the next record.

Do you have some encouraging stats as to how well you have done in converting calls to apps using RUSA as your call list?

Not sure what you're asking for here. If by the question you're asking if cold calling has worked for me, the answer is yes. The stats don't really mean much if you're not calling with the same script, product, approach, or even the same market, whether by employee size, industry, ect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Use the back button? Usually what I do is open up a new tab with a page and then use the back button to "deselect" so I can get more records. The biggest pain is the 50 record max before having to go back and deselect records.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Back