Ride Along - Tampa Area

Long story short...I've been doing insurance sales for a call center for over 2 years now. I've been in sales however all of my life but again, mostly in call centers.

Over the past few months I've been considering going into business for myself either part time or full time concentrating on final expense.

Being in the field is a different type of sale than sitting at a desk of course. As such I'm hoping to do a ride along some Saturday (April 1st for example).

I've already been appointed with several companies and am hoping to learn. So any takers?

I'll buy the coffee.

Long story short...I've been doing insurance sales for a call center for over 2 years now. I've been in sales however all of my life but again, mostly in call centers.

Over the past few months I've been considering going into business for myself either part time or full time concentrating on final expense.

Being in the field is a different type of sale than sitting at a desk of course. As such I'm hoping to do a ride along some Saturday (April 1st for example).

I've already been appointed with several companies and am hoping to learn. So any takers?

I'll buy the coffee.

What, no doughnuts?:laugh:

Current Agency/Office has 10-12 Lic 2-20 agents, other than the one I am paired with almost none of them leave the office and they are suffering for it as they try and milk the rest of their book for a few more years.

It's going to be hard to go from answering inbound calls to hitting the streets. I wish you luck and you can definitely do it but you have to own some self discipline. In an office there is always someone to come along and tell you to work harder, faster, smarter...outside of the office you have to be able to kick your own butt and that isn't easy for everyone.

I'll buy the coffee.

I have 3 agents already tearing your area up, so you might have a bit of a saturation problem in those surrounding counties! If you don't mind working about 2+ hours from Tampa, there are plenty of good Counties that are still pretty fresh and totally doable.

Do you really want to sit in cat pee? :laugh:

so how serious is the actual "sitting in" cat pee vs being in the same house with the smell?

I have not been able to completely sort out "truth" from "newguy" harrassment as it relates to environmental hazards. I don't care for me on this one, but tampa is getting ready for a significant career adjustment.

I have 3 agents already tearing your area up, so you might have a bit of a saturation problem in those surrounding counties! If you don't mind working about 2+ hours from Tampa, there are plenty of good Counties that are still pretty fresh and totally doable.

I actually live in Pasco county near Lakeland. I have two cats.

Actually one of the reasons I want to go to a field agent position is because I am thinking it's underused. Plus after 25 years or so of being a phone jockey, I need a little change of pace.

For Monkey boy I'll toss in doughnuts.

Back