Screen Sharing who Uses What?

Alston

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm definitely in the 21st century, but I may be a decade behind some of you.

I've never used screen sharing to make a sale. And even though I enjoy meeting people F2F, and think it creates a strong bond and better persistency, I want to have screen sharing as an option.

I think in the not too distant future, clients will expect to buy this way. If I don't offer this as an option, I may loose sales especially to younger people.

My marketing coach uses teamviewer.com for our weekly meetings. I just watched a webinar from United American where the presenter recommended www.mikogo.com.

Anyone use either of those? Is Skype an option?

Any restrictions selling MAPD or PDP products?

Thanks in advance!

Alston,

I am running short on time so I can't answer the full question but I can at least get it started. I do believe that at least having the option is a good idea. No one wants to walk away from an appointment no matter method due to being ill-prepared.

I have used several different screen sharing options:
  • Teamviewer
  • Join.me
  • Webinar Jam
  • Zoom
  • Various other Free Web Sources

Out of this small list, I have personally found using Zoom to be the easiest for myself and the easiest to navigate someone else on how to use it. (something to think about is telling the prospect how to run the program and make sure they can see your screen or hear you etc). Skype is also a pretty good option only because of its popularity that a prospect might already have it on their computer.

I've got to run. I hope this helps at least a little :)

Many of the screen share programs contain spyware. I don't use screen sharing but have used Chrome Remote Desktop.

Join me hands down. No software or accounts for client to create or any downloads. Just click on a web based link.

If you are sharing secure documents (such as an illustration with their personal info on it) then I recommend UberConference. Its what I use and it works great. (not related to the rideshare company)

Not only do you get secure screensharing, but you also get conference call capabilities too. It works on mobile devices too.

The free version requires a PIN to join the share/conference. And it limits you to 10 participants per call/share. It has other features like call recording, etc.

The $10/m version gives you a custom web link and no PIN is required. It also lets you include over 10 people. It has a few extra bells and whistles too.

They are a very reputable company used by major corporations.

----------

What is the difference between screen sharing and remote desktop?

HUGE difference. I would not recommend doing the remote desktop, imo that is much less secure than a reputable screenshare program.

Remote Desktop is designed for a person to access and control their own computer and the info on that computer from a 3rd party computer. A ScreenShare program or service is designed to share a specific document or tab on your computer with a 3rd party.

Remote Desktop allows direct remote access to your computer from another computer. So if the person you are sharing info with has malicious intent, they have full control of your pc. Now there is a "view only" mode, but to my knowledge, it can be toggled on/off by either side of the connection. Also, if the person is tech savvy, there is a higher chance they could find a workaround for any type of view only mode.

A screenshare program like UberConference only shares a specific document or tab on your pc. In physical terms, it takes that info and runs it through their secure servers, then outputs it in a web browser tab for the client. So there are multiple layers between your pc and the client's connection to the info.

Also, remote desktop will not work well on many mobile devices, including android based tablets or ipads. (from what I hear at least)

Last edited:
Back