SEO Outsourcing And/or Content Marketing

msgap

Before anyone says search for it, I did and the answers are as old as some of the members posting on this site.

Does anyone have any up to date information on SEO outsourcing outside the US vs using US based companies?

Also, is SEO as relevant now since Google changed to a more content based crawl?

And finally, is anyone using Facebook PPC or any other PPC method that they are seeing work well?

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear a lot about need SEO and companies pitching SEO.

Honestly I was on last night searching for agent websites to get idea's for content or what style I would like for my site

Honestly it was a lot of work trying to search most of what comes up are the big ins companies and the Govt sites. I also seen a couple of this big lead co lead generating sites

If I had that much trouble trying to find sites how much more to the prospects have. I just cant see spending thousands to not be seen

Outsourcing SEO is a nightmare UNLESS you are just going for local customers. At that point it becomes LESS of a nightmare.

The only way I see FB ads working is if you are ready to put them into some kind of a funnel.

Outsourcing SEO is a nightmare UNLESS you are just going for local customers. At that point it becomes LESS of a nightmare.

The only way I see FB ads working is if you are ready to put them into some kind of a funnel.

When you say funnel, are you talking about like a email address grab and follow-up marketing plan?

I can see this working.

I know Chris Westfall says he is using Facebook, but I doubt he will give away his secret. I don't blame him.

JC

----------

I hear a lot about need SEO and companies pitching SEO.

Honestly I was on last night searching for agent websites to get idea's for content or what style I would like for my site

Honestly it was a lot of work trying to search most of what comes up are the big ins companies and the Govt sites. I also seen a couple of this big lead co lead generating sites

If I had that much trouble trying to find sites how much more to the prospects have. I just cant see spending thousands to not be seen

I agree with that. I actually let an SEO cold caller talk to me for a minute. She felt so privileged. I wanted to pick her brain.

I told her that in my market the first several pages were full of people dumping more money than I care to think about into their Google spot.

That's why I am leaning towards PPC, but I know it takes time to crack the algorithm and make it work for you. Time that I could be prospecting.

JC

When you say funnel, are you talking about like a email address grab and follow-up marketing plan?

I can see this working.

I know Chris Westfall says he is using Facebook, but I doubt he will give away his secret. I don't blame him.

JC

----------

I agree with that. I actually let an SEO cold caller talk to me for a minute. She felt so privileged. I wanted to pick her brain.

I told her that in my market the first several pages were full of people dumping more money than I care to think about into their Google spot.

That's why I am leaning towards PPC, but I know it takes time to crack the algorithm and make it work for you. Time that I could be prospecting.

JC

Yeah. People are not going to FB for life insurance so you shouldn't market to them in the same way as someone who is searching for a life insurance quote. They are in different buying stages.

Yeah. People are not going to FB for life insurance so you shouldn't market to them in the same way as someone who is searching for a life insurance quote. They are in different buying stages.

I know others are doing FB well too. I probably will not get into it for a while yet

however I heard it explained as its the type of thing where you contribute to the community and a soft sale approach

I know others are doing FB well too. I probably will not get into it for a while yet

however I heard it explained as its the type of thing where you contribute to the community and a soft sale approach

No, not at all. That is 20 year old "blogger" style SEO, and it could take years and still make no traction at all with search engines. Facebook is not so much like the forum here where you can drop a two-line comment and throw your signature line out there, trolling daily for interest like so many do.

You have to understand that in the SEO world, the Fortune 500 insurance companies are paying mightily for "pay per click" advertising and thus paying big money to show up at the top of the results. Furthermore, they employ internal teams that do nothing but try to position their landing pages as the top result, generically (without paid advertising), too.

The best thing about Facebook is that you can geo-target, demographics-target, and interest-target your audience like a laser beam. You can spend as little as $5 per day to test out your offer and see it works. Through testing, testing, testing, and learning from working campaigns (or paying experts) you can determine what works and how people best respond.

facebook%20users%20pew.png

There are some resources I can recommend:

The No B.S. Guide to Brand-Building by Direct Response by Dan Kennedy

Ultimate Guide to Creating Trust in an Understandibly Un-Trusting World by Dan Kennedy

Trust Funnel: Leverage Today's Online Currency to Grab Attention, Drive and Convert Traffic by Brian G. Johnson

The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online by Russell Brunson

-Chris Westfall

I was giving a presentation on dynamic relationship marketing about a year ago and a fellow internet marketer, who also does very well in the SEO arena was on before me. He said something, that many of have thought, but he put in to words so easily - "People go to Google to buy, they go to Facebook to waste time"

Now, while you still get purchases through a good campaign on either, almost every bit of analytical data I have ran across multiple niches has shown this to be true - Facebook ads produce a much lower initial return on investment. BUT, if you capture their email, and use a good retargeting campaign and sales funnel, you can drastically increase the success ratios.

As far as outsourcing goes, I do not outsource outside of the US. I have a local team in place that works on client sites. I have seen too many horror stories about people outsourcing only to be banned from SERPs for black-hat tactics.

Google going to a more content based crawl?
Google has always done this. Google's top priority since its inception was to be able to uniquely identify the information on websites to give you the best potential result for your search. They make minor tweaks here and there, but overall, your SEO strategy should consist of putting up quality content, building backlinks from other reputable sites for similar content. This has not changed in the past 15 years or so.

Agree to disagree. If you're ever near Charleston, come to my office and I'll show you how much people buy off of Facebook and how old school generic SEO, especially for Medicare plans, is generally a complete waste of time for the individual agent.

Your options could be:

A) Generically blog about Medicare issues and maybe one day get a lead sifted through a long tail keyword that only you picked up on and all of the companies missed. Meanwhile, you're broke with this concept and could have wasted hundreds of hours building your own blog posts.

or

B) Create a paid campaign and have same-day traffic that you can measure. Then tweak things such as the ad copy, layout, landing page, and follow-up routine to sharpen that ROI, which can be as low as $5 per day to test, then you can scale to $500 a day or more, if you could handle that many phone calls coming from it.

There's no doubt it works, because we're doing it daily.
Wait to be 'crawled' vs. the professionals, or go to the source demo and make your unique offer before YOUR target buyers who can act instantly.

I'm not at all trying to convince anyone, but old school ("15 years") thinking when it comes to the ever-changing internet is a place where someone, given the wrong/old information, can waste a hell of a lot of time and money.

There are tens of thousands of internet "consultants" out there waiting to take your money. I don't pay them. I studied what works and implemented. It still works.

I was giving a presentation on dynamic relationship marketing about a year ago and a fellow internet marketer, who also does very well in the SEO arena was on before me. He said something, that many of have thought, but he put in to words so easily - "People go to Google to buy, they go to Facebook to waste time"

Google going to a more content based crawl?
Google has always done this. Google's top priority since its inception was to be able to uniquely identify the information on websites to give you the best potential result for your search. They make minor tweaks here and there, but overall, your SEO strategy should consist of putting up quality content, building backlinks from other reputable sites for similar content. This has not changed in the past 15 years or so.

Latest posts

Back