Security National Pre Need Final Expense

billberry12

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyboby had any dealing with this company? They work with Funeral Homes to sell Pre-need/Final Expense Plans, and are advertising for a sales position in my area. I am planning on chekcing it out, but would like any input from anyone who knows anything about them, or this type business.
Thanks,
Bill

Anyboby had any dealing with this company? They work with Funeral Homes to sell Pre-need/Final Expense Plans, and are advertising for a sales position in my area. I am planning on chekcing it out, but would like any input from anyone who knows anything about them, or this type business.
Thanks,
Bill

They are local to me (Utah) but sell both final expense and pre-need throughout the country. They own a bunch of funeral homes and cemetaries here locally and I believe they own others under a different name and/or subsidiary insurance company in the south. There rates are pretty decent on the FE side, and their graded plan takes folks on oxygen and if you can get them qualified based on underwriting is the cheapest graded I have found. For non smokers anyway. I have written quite a bit of their stuff over the last few years and would be happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to PM me, as I have been to their home office and dealt with their "lead program". I am not real familiar with their pre-need side but may be able to at least get you going.

I have talked to them and they seem to be good people and have a good product. They refuse to be rated by AM Best so that keeps me away from using them and would scare most funeral home owners away.

If they have a funeral home position that is available you should definitely check it out. Funeral preneed is a very good way to make a living.

Refused to be rated by A. M. Best. What is that?

What do you base your statement that "preneed is a good way to make a living" on?
Thanks,
Bill

Refused to be rated by A. M. Best. What is that?

What do you base your statement that "preneed is a good way to make a living" on?
Thanks,
Bill

Companies have to pay a fee to be rated by AM Best. Some just won't do it. That doesn't mean they are bad, it just means that you don't know what they would be rated.

This particular company told me that they know they would be rated B+. they don't want to pay $25,000 to simply have a B+ rating which isn't going to be impressive anyway.

I have sold funeral Preneed for over 15 years. It's an excellent product when sold properly and a good agent will have an endless supply of leads. You even have call-ins and walk-ins when you sell preneed. What other insurance product has that?

Newby,

Have you ever looked at Great Western Insurance out of Ogden Utah, they are Security Nationals main pre-need competitor here locally. Just wondered what you thought about them, or if you had even dealt with them.

Newby,

Have you ever looked at Great Western Insurance out of Ogden Utah, they are Security Nationals main pre-need competitor here locally. Just wondered what you thought about them, or if you had even dealt with them.

I've looked at them but not in years. I don't remember anything good or bad about them. They aren't very active in the states I'm in.

The best Preneed companies are usually very regional and only focus on a few states. The reps actually make the rounds and train agents and make sure the funeral homes are happy with the products.

I can't believe there is still a market for final expense. Two markets I don't target, broke old people looking for final expense, and high-end estate planning. Neither fit my business model, although I wish the latter did.

I can't believe there is still a market for final expense. Two markets I don't target, broke old people looking for final expense, and high-end estate planning. Neither fit my business model, although I wish the latter did.

Pre-need is not for broke people. Usually middle class to very affluent.

Final expense is middle class on down.

What is your business model?

Except that final expense is really where life insurance started. Small policies to pay for funeral expenses.

Back