Selling Health Insurance on the Exhanges?

I am a newly independent agent in TX with a L&H license. I just came from a captive agency and have about 7 years experience in the industry. I sell mostly in the life market. I did not want to concentrate in the health insurance market but wanted to be able to offer it to individuals/families. I just got appointed with United Health for Golden rule and I was wondering if I should also get appointed to sell the insurance on the exchanges. I only wanted one appointment with a health insurance company (outside the exchange) because I did not want to get wrapped up in selling health...just providing it more as a convenience to clients and referrals. Now I am thinking I should also add BCBS but not sure yet.

What is the processed to get appointed to sell health on the exchanges? Also, would it also be worth getting appointed with BCBS in TX?

Thanks for your help!!

I only wanted one appointment with a health insurance company (outside the exchange) because I did not want to get wrapped up in selling health...just providing it more as a convenience to clients

just refer them to me....I will take good care of them........

Back