Send Out Cards... Does It Work?

mattp1803

Moderators, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

Let me preface this thread with this statement: I do not promote or sell Send Out Cards. I've read about them primarily through this forum, and am interested in using it to stir up more referrals/business, and keep in "contact" with my customers.

I am a captive P&C, life, and health agent (work for Farm Bureau). Our bread and butter is P&C and I'm looking for more ways to stir up referrals from my existing and future clients.

My question is this:

Has anyone on this forum, that uses Send Out Cards, had success with this program? Have you specifically seen your numbers/referrals go up on a monthly basis after starting Send Out Cards?

Thanks in advance!

I use sendoutcards, and it sure beats doing hand written birthday cards. The thing is I would be doing it anyway, sendoutcards just makes it much easier.

I've sent out birthday cards since I started, so I haven't tracked the results of referrals as a result of sending cards but I know it doesn't hurt. The other thing is, even if they don't refer me any business, it helps with retention. A card is a very small price to pay to retain a client.

I use the service & it's really good. I always send cards anyway, just as medsuptage says above, but this makes it easy. I know that my customers appreciate getting a paper card in the regular mail - some tell me that my card is the ONLY one they receive any more. Usually they keep it & show their friends. It does give you another opportunity to touch the client & many times for me, results in a phone call from them & allows for another conversation when otherwise, there would not be a reason for one. I like it. I have too many clients to deal with sending the b-day cards by hand like I used to, so it works for me.

I have used Send Out Cards for about 4 years. A great tool to save time and stay in touch with customers automatically. I do get referrals but do not see any way that I am able to attribute them to the fact that I use Send Out Cards. I guess I would have to stop and then track if referrals slow down? Obviously do not plan to do that.

I have been using SendOutCards for about 3 years now. I think the best thing is what was mentioned above...retention is great! I do think it produces referrals, but the retention rate is what I believe is the best part of the system. I send out a series of different cards throughout the year using this system, including a Birthday card and for my best clients I usually send some of the brownies with the card for their Birthday. The clients really LOVE these brownies and the cost is minimal.

I use sendoutcards, and it sure beats doing hand written birthday cards. The thing is I would be doing it anyway, sendoutcards just makes it much easier.

I've sent out birthday cards since I started, so I haven't tracked the results of referrals as a result of sending cards but I know it doesn't hurt. The other thing is, even if they don't refer me any business, it helps with retention. A card is a very small price to pay to retain a client.

Have you had your clients thank you for the birthday card? I feel like that's a really nice/professional gesture.

Do you just send a birthday card?

I use the service & it's really good. I always send cards anyway, just as medsuptage says above, but this makes it easy. I know that my customers appreciate getting a paper card in the regular mail - some tell me that my card is the ONLY one they receive any more. Usually they keep it & show their friends. It does give you another opportunity to touch the client & many times for me, results in a phone call from them & allows for another conversation when otherwise, there would not be a reason for one. I like it. I have too many clients to deal with sending the b-day cards by hand like I used to, so it works for me.

That's nice. Are you just sending a birthday card? Thanks!

I have used Send Out Cards for about 4 years. A great tool to save time and stay in touch with customers automatically. I do get referrals but do not see any way that I am able to attribute them to the fact that I use Send Out Cards. I guess I would have to stop and then track if referrals slow down? Obviously do not plan to do that.

Yes, don't blame you there! Thanks

I have been using SendOutCards for about 3 years now. I think the best thing is what was mentioned above...retention is great! I do think it produces referrals, but the retention rate is what I believe is the best part of the system. I send out a series of different cards throughout the year using this system, including a Birthday card and for my best clients I usually send some of the brownies with the card for their Birthday. The clients really LOVE these brownies and the cost is minimal.

Thanks for your response. Did you notice an over all increase in referrals from the time you started using SendOutCards? I'm assuming you were an agent prior to using SendOutCards. I'm getting ready to start my 5th year as an agent, and am trying to retain/grow my book to survive.

----------

Also can anyone get into the pricing details with me? Do you send your entire book of business a card or two each year? I know the size of your business will depend on how much you are spending.

I was budgeting around $370 each month to send marketing letters to bring in new business, and quite frankly it's my go to marketing to grow my business. As far as referrals are concerned, at this point, I only get maybe 2 referrals each month, and I'm not guaranteed to write them (pricing). The rest of my business comes from me sending out my marketing letters. I wanted to see about SendOutCards, and see if I can start attracting new business referrals from my existing book.

Thanks everyone!

Matt - I only send Birthday cards right now through SendOut cards, but all of my clients get handwritten thank you's after they place business with me - I send those myself. In addition I do a photo Xmas card & send those myself. I send one newsletter to my Medicare people right before annual enrollment telling them it's coming & to get on my calendar if they need to, but again - I send that myself. I may begin to do some of these manual efforts other ways, but so far, I've been able to keep up. May hire an assistant next year though because of the complication of the new annual O-care enrollment for individuals.

Moderators, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

Let me preface this thread with this statement: I do not promote or sell Send Out Cards. I've read about them primarily through this forum, and am interested in using it to stir up more referrals/business, and keep in "contact" with my customers.

I am a captive P&C, life, and health agent (work for Farm Bureau). Our bread and butter is P&C and I'm looking for more ways to stir up referrals from my existing and future clients.

My question is this:

Has anyone on this forum, that uses Send Out Cards, had success with this program? Have you specifically seen your numbers/referrals go up on a monthly basis after starting Send Out Cards?

Thanks in advance!

I've using them for about 5 years now. Everyone that buys from me gets a thank you card. The med sup buyers also get placed in the file for a birthday card every year.

Does it work? Seems to. As far being appreciated by the recipients. I work the FE market. Those folks are not used to being thanked. Most will have the card displayed somewhere in the home when I deliver the policies.

I get quite a few referrals. Do they come directly because of the card? I think some do.

I don't track any of these numbers but I think that I get value from using SoC. I don't like how slow they are. I sent 3 out last night from the website. It will be next wed or thurs before they get the cards. Had I mailed them myself like I used to then they would get it tomorrow or by monday at the latest.

I don't participate in the MLM part of the system. Just a user.

Matt - I only send Birthday cards right now through SendOut cards, but all of my clients get handwritten thank you's after they place business with me - I send those myself. In addition I do a photo Xmas card & send those myself. I send one newsletter to my Medicare people right before annual enrollment telling them it's coming & to get on my calendar if they need to, but again - I send that myself. I may begin to do some of these manual efforts other ways, but so far, I've been able to keep up. May hire an assistant next year though because of the complication of the new annual O-care enrollment for individuals.

Good idea cadylou. A handwritten thank you note is always nice to receive. At least they are getting birthday cards from you!

I've using them for about 5 years now. Everyone that buys from me gets a thank you card. The med sup buyers also get placed in the file for a birthday card every year.

Does it work? Seems to. As far being appreciated by the recipients. I work the FE market. Those folks are not used to being thanked. Most will have the card displayed somewhere in the home when I deliver the policies.

I get quite a few referrals. Do they come directly because of the card? I think some do.

I don't track any of these numbers but I think that I get value from using SoC. I don't like how slow they are. I sent 3 out last night from the website. It will be next wed or thurs before they get the cards. Had I mailed them myself like I used to then they would get it tomorrow or by monday at the latest.

I don't participate in the MLM part of the system. Just a user.

The way I look at it, if your customers receive a thank you card, and a birthday card, from you, then they probably are sending referrals because they are happy with you. Anyone getting a thank you card, let a long a birthday card probably feels you are going above and beyond!

I too don't have any interest in the MLM part, I just want to be customer of the product. Can you tell me cost wise, how expensive/reasonable the product is?

Good idea cadylou. A handwritten thank you note is always nice to receive. At least they are getting birthday cards from you!

The way I look at it, if your customers receive a thank you card, and a birthday card, from you, then they probably are sending referrals because they are happy with you. Anyone getting a thank you card, let a long a birthday card probably feels you are going above and beyond!

I too don't have any interest in the MLM part, I just want to be customer of the product. Can you tell me cost wise, how expensive/reasonable the product is?

When i signed up there was something a $200 fee. I don't think they have that now. With postage it costs me about $1.25 to send each card. Somewhere in that range.

Back