Senior Select? Securus?

bleedbama

Georgia
I talked to a friend of mine that works for Senior Select (selling FE, HQ out of LaGrange, Ga) about working with them. They are also teamed with Securus, which now has them writing more than just FE, to include an indexed annuity and IUL. Anyone know anything about either one of these companies? I do know that Senior Select writes mostly under American Memorial Life and/or Kemper. And that Securus concentrates on annuities and IUL. I think they write under Phenix Life and (something) SouthWest. Unfortunately, I'm new to the business and do not know much about any of these companies or contracts. Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited:
I would go to work for EFES before I would Senior Select. Same concept, but SS will make you drive from wherever you are for agent meetings several times a year. At least they used to. I stayed there about two months and then went to EFES where I stayed for a couple of months before I started doing my own marketing. Don't miss either of them one bit.

I don't know much about how they run their business but I do know a couple of the head people at Senior Select and they are great guys.

I was working with Securus out of TN, and targeting Northeast AL about 4 months ago.

I realized after running into 5 prospects that had already had policies recently taken out with Senior Select, that Securus was double-dealing our leads between the local Senior Select agent and myself.

Senior Select leads with American Memorial, which is the one of the highest-priced and easiest-to-replace final expense carrier in the business.

If you're interested in final expense, there are better options -- FEXContracting and EFES are preferable over Securus.

I would go to work for EFES before I would Senior Select. Same concept, but SS will make you drive from wherever you are for agent meetings several times a year. At least they used to. I stayed there about two months and then went to EFES where I stayed for a couple of months before I started doing my own marketing. Don't miss either of them one bit.
I would love to do the marketing on my own and get directly appointed so I could enjoy full commissions. But from what I've read, I don' t know if I can handle the marketing costs on my own. At least with a IMO like Senior Select I can pay for leads and know what I'm getting. (I hope). I live close to Lagrange where they are located so traveling to the facility would not bother me, although I don't know if they do this still.

I was working with Securus out of TN, and targeting Northeast AL about 4 months ago.

I realized after running into 5 prospects that had already had policies recently taken out with Senior Select, that Securus was double-dealing our leads between the local Senior Select agent and myself.

Senior Select leads with American Memorial, which is the one of the highest-priced and easiest-to-replace final expense carrier in the business.

If you're interested in final expense, there are better options -- FEXContracting and EFES are preferable over Securus.
I'm sorry to hear this about Securus, I know Senior Select just partnered with them in Feb. Although I think that SS uses their own FE lead system (not sure though) and uses Securus for their IUL and Indexed Annuity. That is what I gathered from the "presentation" I got from J.M., the recruiter there.

Being that I'm super green, just licensed, my main concern is training in the life insurance sales process, I don't want to sign up for lower commissions but at the same time would love to find someone willing to be a "mentor" to me. And after having one guy tell me they start at 75% J.M., the recruiter said 50%. What gives? Super low and different commission rates, are they just trying to see if this newbie bites? I'm thinking I should talk to someone from EFES like you advised Rearden. Senior Select was just so attractive because their office is right here (15 min away), so I was hoping to get some good training, but that doesn't mean I want to get robbed. Should I talk to someone and try to negotiate my starting commission or do you think that getting different answers on the starting commission rates is a sign of bad things to come?

Last edited:
Back