This is a shame

Re: where are we at?

James said:
Here is my suggestion, ask for a mentor and give a percentage to that mentor. Hopefully one of the best agents in your area, if that is possible I'm not sure with NYL but I think if you're willing to sweeten the pot they will perform for you.

Great suggestion!

Then ask for the "5 Way" script or I can give it to you.

I've never heard anything about that. If you could provide me a copy, I would be grateful.

Go check out some books by Feldmen and Bert Meisel.

I checked Amazon and couldn't find anything. Do you have any links?

Then you go to 30 businesses cold calling or call 100 businesses a day and use the 5 Way to get appointments. Let the mentor take the lead and you'll get your appointment with NYL. What you need is activity, if you do that everything else should fall in line, yet you already know that. Its a matter of getting in touch with a mentor with NYL, hopefully not your manager that is where I'm not sure about NYL? I'm told by others they have a mentor system of training so go and talk to other Agents that have a good track record and invite them to go to your appointments and take the lead for a cut of commissions

I'll start thinking of who I can talk to about this. Thanks again.

The whole idea is to get the appointment, so you have to present something of interest to the business owner. The 5-Way is one of the best scripts I ever heard.

Basically you are walking in the owner is there and you go up to introduce yourself and attempt to get the apointment.

Dear Mr Bigshot, I'm James from James Brothers Insurance Agency and I'm here today to let you know you'll be out of business one day, you'll be out in one of these 5 ways:

1. Death
2. Sale voluntarily or involuntarily
3. Disability
4. Retirement
5. Bankruptcy

Now I'm here to show you however you leave your business you leave with the greatest amount of money. Now I need 10 minutes of your time to show you my work, would 2PM Tuesday or 10AM Wednesday be better for you?

Now this is the basic script I use, I'm sure it varies a little from the original but that really doesn't matter. What matters is how you present it, basically its a stage and it takes some getting use too. Yet if you practice this or a variation of it you'll get apointments. Now that is Stage 2 of the actual sale, stage one is just getting in to present and idea.

Basically you know certain things, everyone is under insure. While most businesses that need a buy/sell agreement has one but few actual have it funded. Most people including business owners have no idea what a BOE policy can be used by them. So on and so on, it never ends they will always have a need and a pain that needs fixing.

Back