Should I Work for an Agency Vs Being an Independent Agent

neonilesh

I just started working as an independent life agent since jan 2016. I've been in business as a home service agent since 2005. I decided to go independent. Its going OK.
I'm thinking about joining an agency. Is it worth doing that? What expenses will I have to pay etc if I join an agency like Asurea?
:GEEK:

I just started working as an independent life agent since jan 2016. I've been in business as a home service agent since 2005. I decided to go independent. Its going OK. I'm thinking about joining an agency. Is it worth doing that? What expenses will I have to pay etc if I join an agency like Asurea? :GEEK:

Asurea does several things. Mortgage Protection, Med Supps, Retirement Planning, Final Expense and so on.

I have been at this life insurance game for over a decade and what I have seen in my career is when agencies do a bunch of things, the reality is they don't specialize in anything.

I would suggest picking one avenue to concentrate on and run with it. Then find one of the best trainers or IMO's in that particular field that truly specializes & has PROVEN RESULTS in your chosen area. Put your head down & get to work implementing what they are teaching.

If they have a solid system in place you will have a great shot at doing well.

There are some good sources here in the final expense realm. If you consider the Final Expense route feel free to reach out to us by clicking on "fexuniversity.com" below. We are currently building the most comprehensive final expense website on the planet for FE agents.

Asurea does several things. Mortgage Protection, Med Supps, Retirement Planning, Final Expense and so on.

I have been at this life insurance game for over a decade and what I have seen in my career is when agencies do a bunch of things, the reality is they don't specialize in anything.

I would suggest picking one avenue to concentrate on and run with it. Then find one of the best trainers or IMO's in that particular field that truly specializes & has PROVEN RESULTS in your chosen area. Put your head down & get to work implementing what they are teaching.

If they have a solid system in place you will have a great shot at doing well.

There are some good sources here in the final expense realm. If you consider the Final Expense route feel free to reach out to us by clicking on "fexuniversity.com" below. We are currently building the most comprehensive final expense website on the planet for FE agents.

So we have a new Tag Team. :twitchy:Nice combination. :yes:

I started in Insurance in 1985 working for a captive agency, management - the whole deal. In 1988 I went Independent, opened a 2nd location in 1991 in a different state. Today looking back and making over $1 million of life commissions last year, I am so glad that I was never a prisoner to a captive company.

My advice - take the commissions that you are currently making as a captive then multiple that number by 2 and decide - would you rather keep that money yourself or let your captive company have it as a nice fuzzy birthday present?

If you like being someone's BOY then stay captive - but I would guess that the real reason that you got into the business is to make money.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call me 972.679.9029

Back