Smart Choice is a dumb choice

Warrior

Super Genius
Smart choice agents is the wrong choice for agents

I had an experience with Smart Choice.
They created a situation where I had to cancel the contract. They took money out of a client's account that the client didn't agree to. Then it took them 4 weeks to refund the money. It wasn't small amounts either. It was $1000. They have taken over 3 weeks to get final numbers and transpose the final numbers so the client thinks the numbers are lower until the bank draft hits them with the real amount.

There is nothing this agent can do because Smart Choice has their own people who make the transactions. They will not give agents direct access to insurance companies, rather they have their own reps take your quote detail and run the numbers for you. It takes them over 3 days to get back to you if you have questions and they refuse to add the things on the policies that is needed and the client requests. Smart Choice reps have continually transposed numbers so that insurance carriers wont write the policy. All they say is they are sorry, but when I express that I no longer trust them and want out of my contract and be released from their non compete, they refuse.

You get what you pay for. Now Smart Choice will not take the blame for what they did and refuse to let me out of the contract null and void which means I have a 2 year non compete. I cannot get appointed with another aggregator for 2 years. Even though they committed a crime and did not live up to their end of the contract.

My advice, never go to Smart Choice unless you want to use your E&O Insurance with the clients that will sue you over taking too much money out of their bank account.
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Smart Choice Agents is the WRONG CHOICE!!

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but it sounds like you got what you paid for.

Although, I would think exposing you to an E&O claim would constitute breach of contract. Obviously the client would have to file a claim against your E&O first.

How in detail have you read the contract? Can it be terminated for cause by either party? Does the non compete apply no matter the reason for termination?
I mean, I'm not surprised, I specifically avoided them because everything about them just kind of screamed bottom of the barrel. Hire an attorney. I wish you luck.

Their agencies are a joke also. They buy up bucket shops. Retention and loss ratio are pathetic. Don’t follow up on getting client files from selling agency. Extremely non compliant. Pay is awful. Staff is overwhelmed and overworked and underpaid. They screw selling agent.
They also use same FEIN but different names. Appointments with carriers are a disaster. Don’t know what they are doing.
Should find out who they screwed and file class action suit

Last edited:
Back