Smart Choice - Insurance Clusters

bigvin55

Hi Everyone,

I am a new independent insurance agency, and I am looking for markets for my customers. I have been reading the forum, and doing research on the Webb regarding insurance clusters. I spoke with the people at smart choice, which sounds like a pretty good fit for my agency.

I would like to hear from anyone who has used Smart Choice to place business, if you have any Pros, Cons, or any experiences at all that you can share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide.

----------

anyone have a info on smart choice? Does anyone use them?

Hi Everyone,

I am a new independent insurance agency, and I am looking for markets for my customers. I have been reading the forum, and doing research on the Webb regarding insurance clusters. I spoke with the people at smart choice, which sounds like a pretty good fit for my agency.

I would like to hear from anyone who has used Smart Choice to place business, if you have any Pros, Cons, or any experiences at all that you can share, it would be greatly appreciated.

What state are you in. Smart choice is not bad at all but you might have comparable options depending on your location.

Hi Everyone,

----------

anyone have a info on smart choice? Does anyone use them?

Imo they are okay. I started as a scratch agency 1 1/2 years ago and used them to get started and still work with them. My advice is to find out how competitive Safeco, Travelers, Metlife and Encompass are in your area. As far as the operational side, the "underwriter I work with is good. He responds quickly and binds policies in a timely fashion (very important). The agency developer is pretty much worthless. Not even sure why they have someone with a title as Agency Development. The Territory Manager is okay, does his job and got me appointed with Safeco after 6 months.

Anything recent on P&C Insurance clusters/groups in New York State? I received an email last year from a group formed in 1994 by an independent agent. His group takes 30% of commission, can quote within 24 hrs, had many companies to choose from, etc. Unfortunately I deleted the email before I had copied their info down. Any help out there in P&C land? I'm an independent agent with 41 years experience, but my primary Auto insurer (Met Life) has become non-competetive in my area. Loosing established clients every month! Any help would be appreciated.

"Roz"
Vestal, NY 13850

Anything recent on P&C Insurance clusters/groups in New York State? I received an email last year from a group formed in 1994 by an independent agent. His group takes 30% of commission, can quote within 24 hrs, had many companies to choose from, etc. Unfortunately I deleted the email before I had copied their info down. Any help out there in P&C land? I'm an independent agent with 41 years experience, but my primary Auto insurer (Met Life) has become non-competetive in my area. Loosing established clients every month! Any help would be appreciated.

"Roz"
Vestal, NY 13850

I am in Endicott and I remember getting some sort of email. These people email me often they are in Woodbury NY Access General Agency not sure if its the same group that emailed last year.

Back