So... what Do You Call Yourself?

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
Identity Crisis | InsuranceNewsNetMagazine.com

Some interesting points in this article.

I contacted the writer about some of my additional viewpoints. For example, The American College rebranded the LUTCF to FSCP... because the public didn't care for, nor understand the "LU" part. So FSCP (Financial Services Certified Professional) sounds more comprehensive.

In addition, some producers do a lot more than just a 'dog and pony' show where they show the product and determine how much the client can afford. Some go into much more detail into a good fact-find process. Some of these producers call themselves "financial strategists" instead of just a life agent, producer, or underwriter.

Since I'm a ChFC holder, I can use that as a title - "Chartered Financial Consultant" and still just be a life & health agent. So I'm not worried about how I am perceived by my clients or the public. However, those without such a designation, may need to determine an appropriate title in how you convey who you are and what you do.

If you have a 'questionable title' that is not 'sticking to your license' (or designations), you may want to reconsider your marketing title.

I used to be honest and just call myself an insurance agent. But others on the forum have convinced me to forget my ethics and call myself a "field underwriter."

Rick

independent insurance agent.................but maybe I should go with field underwriter.....

Back