Stephens-Matthews Marketing

I sold Medicare Advantage with Stephens-Matthews last year, (2007-2008) they were doing fuzzy math with my commissions. I had to keep correcting them in order to get my correct commissions. They have withheld my money and up till now I have not been paid. The are owing me over $5,000. I have called them, written, threatend them but to no avail. I just let it go. What I know is that all the money that they are stealing from their agents will come back to bite them one day. You reap what you sow.

Run away from this FMO. They are more crooked than crooked can be.

Hello to all,

Looking for comments, problems, non-payment issues, etc that you have with this marketing group.

We are gathering all information we can to add to what we have already documented from a number of agents across the country.

It is time that FMO's and IMO's be held accountable for their actions.

Thank you!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been ripped off by this FMO of more than $7,000 2007-2008 selling Medicare Advantage.

Last edited:
Hi alphawave2k,

The best thing to do is contact them immediately and tell them to 'retract' any and all contracts you sent them. If they say it is "too late" which is probably going to be their 'ususal' answer...then demand a Letter of Release.

Then you can go where ever you wish.

Let me know how it goes.

I can recommend some if you need genuine people to stand by you. Just let me know in PM.

Thanks again!
I sold Medicare Advantage with Stephens-Matthews last year, (2007-2008) they were doing fuzzy math with my commissions. I had to keep correcting them in order to get my correct commissions. They have withheld my money and up till now I have not been paid. The are owing me over $5,000. I have called them, written, threatend them but to no avail. I just let it go. What I know is that all the money that they are stealing from their agents will come back to bite them one day. You reap what you sow.

Run away from this FMO. They are more crooked than crooked can be.

I have been ripped off by this FMO of more than $7,000 2007-2008 selling Medicare Advantage.

To Blessed,

WHY DID YOU LET IT GO ?????

This is eacatly what they are doing to agents all over the country, with the hope that they all will do eaxctly like you did. Just roll over and accept whatever the "BIG DOG" says.

It is time that these "BIG DOGS" start playing by the rules and regulations that we all do as honest agents.

Please, don't let it go.....We have to stand up for our rights and our rightful pay.
PLus if these were Medicare SAdvantage Plans then we can go to CMS directly and see who they paid.

Spread the word and warn other agents before they get swindles as well.

Thank you for coming forward, Blessed !!!

Last edited:
I cannot begin to tell you the horror stories of dealing with this horrible company.
I am still trying to get paid my commissions. In reference to the other lady that mentioned 'fuzzy' staements......you should see what they did to me! That is when and if they decided to send me one. Every week I had to ask for mine. Then had to ask to have it corrected. 2 times I received staements intended for other agents.

I am still trying to be paid over $6,000 in unpaid commissions from these scam artists.

I will send you my personal info in a private message. I would like to be a part of any action lawsuit that you can get started.
These people have to be stopped.
I know of other agents that just gave up trying to get their money from Stephens Matthews.

STAY Away for these CROOKS!!!!

Okay, as many of you know, I have been pursued, hired to train or used as a consultant for many IMO's over the last few years and here's what I can tell you.
  • Number one: They all have issues. Including those who seem to be "the most fair." I have more than enough stories (none of which will be shared, ever)
  • Number two: Stephens Matthews actually seems to be one of the best, which is why my contracts are through them, the comp is higher than everywhere else, and paid in a timely manner. My agents will attest to this also. The support has been amazing and on point.
  • Number three: The agents themselves are very often responsible for their problems. (sad but true)
ALSO, and most important!!

You are making a borderline slanderous accusation based on a rant on rip off report.com?!?!?!

Are you kidding? Someone posing as a client, lying, making accusations and slandering an agency is what you actually use to add credibility to state your case? And state it (as fact) regarding Stephens Matthews? It's totally bogus, sounds like a disgruntled ex employee of the agency in Florida (who seems to a independent agency possibly with Stephens Matthews) basically lying, the complaint is an obvious story.

I'm sure a bazzilion dollar company like SMM has some unbelievable attorneys, so good luck with this one, seems you'll need it.

:1cool:

This is about the Main operation in Beverly, Ohio.They also have some affiliation with illegal insurance sales with another group in Florida. You can google that.

robliano,

Once again we see that people (just like you have proven) DO NOT READ the entire page, only bullets, then decide to add their "Opinion".

As stated before:
  1. We are not looking for OPINIONS
  2. We are looking for those that have been taken advantage of by this company and have not been paid.
  3. If you HAVE NOT had an issue, then we ask you 'move on and God Bless" NO COMMENTS are necessary.
  4. THIS is NOT at all about the "rant" on rip-off report.com. REREAD the messages !!!!
  5. It dies not matter how much money a company has or how BIG their attornies are...If they are not on the up and up then they need to be held accountable.
It is statements such as yours that discourage the agents from standing up for their rights with these "big' companies.
Maybe you have vested interest in Stephens Matthews? Have you persoanlly checked over your agent;s statements to see if they are accurate? Or are you and your agents oblivious to there being any "errors" beinhg made by such a BIG company????

As to your "endorsements' for Stephens-Matthews:
  1. One of the best what? Best in what aspects?
  2. Their comps are NOT the highest out there
  3. They DO NOT pay in a timely manner
  4. Their support department is a joke
  5. If this is the kind of comp and support that pleases you and you recommend it to your agents then you should stay with what you have.
We have already received over 400 documented cases of payment issues with this company.

So please Mr. Robiano.............If you do not know the facts...then refrain from giving out opinions.
....If you do not care to read the 'entire' message...then refrain from giving out opinions.

This thread is to offer help to those that have felt they could not do anything and are frustrated in trying to stand up to a large company and being shut off with no pay.

It is NOT for those (as yourself) to spout off with "opinions' that have NO relevance.

Please move on and try to HELP someone today, instead of getting your pleasure from hearing your own voice.

Thank you and Good Day.
And P.S...to Robliano

If you are using this thread to promote yourself as a consultant, please pay for an ad somewhere else online and move on.

This thread is here to HELP those that are being screwed over..not for "self promotion" for people as yourself.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
Funny post. And so much time and effort put into it, nice!

Sorry my response got you all riled up.

If you don't want opinions don't post on a public forum. Or are we all supposed to just agree with you?

And how in the world did you get that I was promoting myself? Or was that just an attack to try to make your point further and/or discredit me?

Not that I really care but shouldn't your attorney be doing this work? If it's class action lawsuit with such big potential?

PS: Even using the rip off report case as a part of this was lame dude. You don't seem as credible as you could have, due to you, not me. It's nice of you to help others, to help yourself of course. Good job!

Sorry if that offends you.
************* ALSO*************

If you are an agent that feels you were a victim, do not let me deter you, as long as you feel you truly were a victim and aren't trying to get something for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Stephens-Matthews Marketing - EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION!

I am the owner of an Independent Marketing Agency will write over $12 million individual business this year.

90% of it is through Stephens-Matthews Marketing. Why would we do that when we can go direct to Assurant, UHC and Humana for contracts?

1) We have received TREMENDOUS care and attention

2) The few times we have had issues with accounting - it is immediately fixed and funds wired next day.

3) We have the ability of full flexibility of advance programs and downline contracts - allowing managers to eliminate exclusions and restrictions placed by carriers direct

4) SMM offers the highest quality Agent Incentive Trip I have ever seen

5) After getting burned by FMO's, IMO's and MGA's in the past when we were small and growing - I turned to SMM due to their integrity and honesty.

I would not make these things up. I have no reason to. I have been selling Millions as an agency owner and personal production virtually online for years. If you have the guts to bash this organization - then put your company information, name and details on this forum. Any agent or agency with questions and feel free to email me at healthagentsdirect @ yahoo .com

~B

The forum will not let me type links yet.
Once I do 10 posts, then I can.
Anyway,

This is not about those cases.

This is about the wrongs they have done to many agents.

If any of you have been wronged by them please reply.
If you have not...then this does not concern you.

We are here to assist those that have been hurt by this group and want restitution.

Thank you,

Sounds like you got hosed by SMM. You could perhaps prevent what happened to you by telling your story to us all...crib notes please. I myself may be going to work for a company that does business with them. Not married to the idea yet.

So let me tell you what I think is happening here. This guy Double Duche tried to sell some business but probably wasn't very good at it, wrote a couple of cases and probably called into the offices screaming profanities at the sweet girls because he had a chargeback - and they probably told him to never write business for them again. That's how they operate....if you are a dick, Larry with will release you to go somewhere else and not accept another policy you write.

So Double D decides to go on a pissing fit rampage and post on ripoffreport and this forum lies about "400" agents with issues ...I mean come on - for real? if you are gonna make up a number, at least make it realistic. Out of 500 agents below me, only a good handful write enough business to even design a real complaint if they even had one.

This guy won't place his information because he is afraid. If he had any truth behind his lies - he would at least put his name, phone number and email address.

I have a large number of agents that would be happy to come onto this forum and describe how SMM has done some pretty impressive things to assist them with their efforts in selling. Leads and seed money for starters.... And many of them have been in tough spots with chargebacks- and SMM has advanced them commissions on issued cases which were not supposed to pay them for another several weeks (i.e. Humana, ACM). Just to assist them with their mortgage payments, and bills. This is just the kind of organization they are. If you don't believe me, send me an email and I will be happy to put you in touch with them as long as you are legit.

Don't let one little disgruntled agent with no real credentials persuade you from joining an organization that has been proven time and time again by hundreds of REAL agents that have looked to SMM as their home.

My advice to you DD - get on with your life. Stop hating and start producing. I had $6 million in business sucked away from me by an old Division President at AHCP. I didn't sue. I didn't post lies. I went back and re-built my team. Your greatest income will come from re-building your business and getting your mind right....not from some hopeful lawsuit that will tie you up for years and suck your life right out of you. SMM will release you. They always do. Just go write somewhere else and move on. Trust me on this. It's not worth it.

You keep telling everyone you don't care about the positive cases with SMM, only the negative ones. That is pure reflection on your personal thoughts going on in your own life my friend. Your internal dialogue is screwed up. Stop focusing on wrongs in your life and more rights will come. Too many incredible opportunities in this business going on right now for those who are ready and prepared.

Back