Suze Orman

AtlantaLife&Health

Guru
100+ Post Club
What are your thoughts? Love her or hate her? Is she "The Truth" like Paul Pierce? Or "The Answer" like Allen Iverson? She states she hates whole life insurance and never recommends it. Yet, the big boys at General Electric spend hundreds of thousands on Whole Life each year. Isn't it weird that they don't take her advice? Please share your thoughts guys and gals.

What does she promote then? Term Life?

If so, I'm sure it's possible she is being paid by the insurance companies to promote Term Life.

Lots of comments in the Dave Ramsey thread.

She has sold a lot of books and branded herself well, has made a lot of money doing so.

She has Nice Teeth...

She does not like blokes and most of her money is in Treasury Bills like 90+%. She recently said nicer things about annuities and I bet (in my opinion) it may have something to do with payola.

The public gets brainwashed by people like her, Bob Brinker Money Talk, Cramer, Dave Ramsey (good on budgeting), Rick edleman and other people. Money and Smart Money mags shill for mutual funds and online brokerages because who are their biggest advertisers?

People hurt themselves because they put so much "stock" in these shills. The worst thing retirees and other individual investors can watch is CNBC. The only thing that is good on there is Fast Money. The two panelists Guy Adami and Jeff Mackey are smart and entertaining. Guy Adami's deadpans are pretty funny.

The other option brother with the pony tail on the other end of the panel knows options along with his brother. I foirget their names. His brother played for the Bears and they have a big options web site.

I adore Jim Rogers. I also believe he's about the furthest thing from the drivel that comes out of Suze's mouth.

She has made a lot of money, though, but nothing like Jim Rogers!

I adore Jim Rogers. I also believe he's about the furthest thing from the drivel that comes out of Suze's mouth.

She has made a lot of money, though, but nothing like Jim Rogers!

Rogers is a very smart Alabama boy like old SIr John Templeton was a smart Tenn boy. I think they both went to Yale. Templeton was poor and played poker to earn his tuition.

Rogers is excellent. He really knows his stuff. Was way ahead of the curve on the mega boom in commodities.

The nice thing about Suze Orman is that most people know who she is and you can find a quote of hers to support anything you want to sell.

In Road to Wealth, for example, she has over 2,000 questions and answers. If you can't find something there to back up a position, then you just don't know how to use an index.

Now, she may say the opposite somewhere else, but you can rely on the fact that nobody has read the whole 592 pages so they won't know that.

I bring that particular book to seminars and read a couple of brief quotes --ones that support what I am saying, of course. :idea:

Back