Switching Agency Management Systems Maybe?

Insurance-Guy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone went through a data transfer and switched from applied to QQ Catalyst?

It has been a long time since I have posted but I was hoping some of you could help out. I am tossing around the idea of switching AMS once more. Applied TAM online is so expensive and I think I want to go ahead and make the change but I would like some feedback on QQ from users. Also if anyone could provide feedback pros and cons from TAM to Catalyst and how the transfer went.

Thank you in advance for your help...

Hi, I haven't looked at the QQ system. We were on TAM with 7 users and the fees were high. Plus, the system was getting outdated. When I would hire a new CSR that (even a computer savvy one) it would take them months to figure out how to use it. Not intuitive at all.

I eventually decided on Hawksoft. The cost is 50% of the TAM costs. The staff loves it. The transition was super easy -- even with all the document we scanned directly to TAM. Hawksoft can handle it. It integrates with EZ lynx for quoting and quickbooks from agency management side. AGency management reporting options are great too.

We are 85% personal lines and 15% commercial lines with around 5,000 policies. Great move

Hi, I haven't looked at the QQ system. We were on TAM with 7 users and the fees were high. Plus, the system was getting outdated. When I would hire a new CSR that (even a computer savvy one) it would take them months to figure out how to use it. Not intuitive at all.

I eventually decided on Hawksoft. The cost is 50% of the TAM costs. The staff loves it. The transition was super easy -- even with all the document we scanned directly to TAM. Hawksoft can handle it. It integrates with EZ lynx for quoting and quickbooks from agency management side. AGency management reporting options are great too.

We are 85% personal lines and 15% commercial lines with around 5,000 policies. Great move

Susan thank you for your feedback.

I been using QQ Evolution for over a year now. Cost is low but the reports are a little limited and can be sluggish sometimes. Not Web base as well so you have to be at your office computer to download...

I have been using QQ Catalyst for almost a year and really like it. The system is easy to maneuver and the price is in line with what I can afford.

Has anyone went through a data transfer and switched from applied to QQ Catalyst?

It has been a long time since I have posted but I was hoping some of you could help out. I am tossing around the idea of switching AMS once more. Applied TAM online is so expensive and I think I want to go ahead and make the change but I would like some feedback on QQ from users. Also if anyone could provide feedback pros and cons from TAM to Catalyst and how the transfer went.

Thank you in advance for your help...

I've used QQ evolution for 3 years, i think it has some great features that some AMS dont have yet (the cheaper side ones) but its limiting on the commercial side.

I heard catalyst was better, but they didnt have a way to "upgrade" me so i moved out to another system.

I've used QQ evolution for 3 years, i think it has some great features that some AMS dont have yet (the cheaper side ones) but its limiting on the commercial side.

I heard catalyst was better, but they didnt have a way to "upgrade" me so i moved out to another system.

MilkMAAAAAAAAAAN what system did you go to and how did you transfer all the files that you scanned into QQ Evolution??

Im with Xanatek now, its really different from QQ Evolution, so it's taking me some time to get use to.

I had some problems getting the right data from QQ. Wont go into details unless you PM me lol.

But ultimately they send over your free yearly backup, and xanatek or any other AMS can do a sql upload to your new system. Its pretty quick if they get the data over. But the person uploading will charge you an upload fee.

It takes up to 30 days for them to process a QQ backup
You need to notify them 30 days in advance if you want to cancel too

Here is my difference review that you didnt ask for lol

Xanatek, email and "locking" files to prevent altering is great. The task list is great. really helped my follow up and when to follow up

syncs with outlook.

It did not have the x-date and renewal looking back option like qq, only 30 days forward.

All the reports work and way better than QQ, i called about custom reports a few times and never got them to work.

The uploading process is not the same as QQ, i think its a bit more involved on xanatek's end.

The policies only show the most recent, not the expired onces, but there is a history section (taking a while to get used to)

One thing i did not like for QQ was that any files you "viewed" through the preview was saved in a hidden location on your computer and im a security nut lol i must protect my files. If someone stole your laptop or computer there will be all the files you viewed throughout the years.

Xanatek price includes downloads which is a plus for me

I liked both system and its hard to get used to each thing had something the other didnt offer, like auto binder numbers

Last edited:
i looked at ezlynx, their system is pretty good too much, the guy never called me back when he said he will send me a demo account.

there is another one that allows you to share your policy downloads with client, so that you can let users download their own policies.

Back