Which Tablet and Why?

Ok so I am deciding to get a tablet because my laptop is too cumbersome and I want to show the prospect that I am shopping for them to cut out that objection of shopping around. And of course signing people up instead of using a paper app.

I noticed its the Ipad vs Android or so it seems.
single touch to multi-touch
Quad or else for RAM,

I think storage is a moot point with so many cloud sites. By the way recommend any?

Also do you have any caution tales or disadvantages you have experienced with certain models?

Appreciate any help!

Neither Apple nor Android will run .exe files. If you plan on just accessing your desktop remotely then it doesn't matter.

I suggest just getting a cheap netbook for quotes. Yeah, it is thicker than any tablet, but much more practical for insurance.

That being said, because I need aviation apps for my flight training and (hopefully) private pilot certificate, I now have an iPad. Nothing else works as well.

Rick

I have an IPad2 with Verizon broadband. I go to Fexquotes or an IMO/ipipeline for quotes. Haven't done it yet but according to Newby you can use Roboforms to make the ap's fillable and signable right on your Ipad. No need to carry ap's. ( I know I made up some words)

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and I love it. Dual core, lots of memory, fun to carry around.

Not sure I'd want to use it much for apps vs paper, but I could just be old school.

Android is cheaper, has more apps and app access, it also will play flash. If you have an iPad there are some sites you just won't be able to access.

I think any suggestion other than an iPad is flawed at this point. Apple is clearly ahead of the competition, and their app store is the most robust. Carriers are also going to flock to it more than any other (when they come around; I assume they're still waiting to see if it will catch on), due to its popularity.

I think any suggestion other than an iPad is flawed at this point. Apple is clearly ahead of the competition, and their app store is the most robust. Carriers are also going to flock to it more than any other (when they come around; I assume they're still waiting to see if it will catch on), due to its popularity.

Go ask Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint what they think about Apple. They would love for anyone else to come on strong. They are basically losing money every time someone activates an iPad or iPhone.

I have the Motorola Xoom and run Monumental's quote spreadsheet and run a powerpoint presentation for final expense. I like it.

How is their app store more robust that android?

Apple has a great following, but the Android tablets have a lot of advantages Apple simply doesn't have, like Flash.

I think the carriers are less of an issue, at least for me. I have wi-fi most places I go and where I don't I just tether my cell phone so there is no sense in paying for a service I more or less already have.

Back