Texas P&C License Background Check

kingslodge

Hi, I am interested in getting Texas P&C license for working as an independent agent. But, I am not pretty sure I can be approved because I was arrested by domestic violence without conviction but 6 months supervision in 2011. Is anyone can give me any advise whether I can apply?
Thanks.

you will have to disclose it. nothing gets by the DOI. call the DOI. they will tell you want you have to do. it should not be a problem.

Just be truthful. You will probably have to obtain some court documents showing everything. I had something very similar where I was charged but never convicted of assault. It took a little extra time to process, but it went through. I have heard as long as it is a misdemeanor and it doesn't involve things that show moral ineptitude like stealing, it should be okay:

Thanks, b61mack. I will contact them. Do you think I need to contact them after passing or before taking the exam?
Also, Thanks, Rick. Sharing your experience encourages me. Actually, I was employed in an agency and now I planed to work independently.

Thanks, b61mack. I will contact them. Do you think I need to contact them after passing or before taking the exam?

If it were me I would get an answer or some type of direction from the DOI before spending money and time on the exam. Just a thought and you should be able to speak with them same day you call I believe.

Hi, I am interested in getting Texas P&C license for working as an independent agent. But, I am not pretty sure I can be approved because I was arrested by domestic violence without conviction but 6 months supervision in 2011. Is anyone can give me any advise whether I can apply?
Thanks.

Texas is one of those states that will license anybody. I know convicted felons who had trouble getting non-resident licenses who were able to get resident licensed in Texas. I don't think you have much to worry about.

Just be truthful. You will probably have to obtain some court documents showing everything. I had something very similar where I was charged but never convicted of assault. It took a little extra time to process, but it went through. I have heard as long as it is a misdemeanor and it doesn't involve things that show moral ineptitude like stealing, it should be okay:
Nice username. :laugh:

Back