There Has to Be an Easier Way!

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
There has to be an easier way!

I mean come on. I thought being an insurance agent was easy and I would get rich fast. I never want to leave my home or meet with people. Why can’t someone just give me some free leads and make sure the people really want to buy the insurance before I call them. I did read somewhere that tons of agents were making tons of money selling over the phone.

I want a job where I can work a couple of hours a week and make lots of money and I bet being an insurance agent is it. I need to get rich fast. I got bills to pay and I’m broke. I don’t even have 10 bucks to invest in being an agent.

Give me some credit; I did pass my test and all. That should be enough from my part.
Why does the insurance company want me to read some underwriting book or agent guide? I got their number and I can call them, if I need to.

Also does anyone have a script or something I should say to clients that makes them want to buy insurance from me?

Can I copy exacting what you doing? Matter of fact, send me what you doing and just put my name on it.

Also, which company will hire brand new agents that know nothing about insurance and pay me a lot of money? I need to make at least $2,000 a week.

What is prospecting?

Can any of you share you client database with me? I can also ride along with some of you vets and watch you sell it and us split the money.

What you mean you want met o ask people if they want to buy some insurance? I know yall got people lined up just waiting to buy some, so tell them I’m ready to sell it to them.

Anyone that has some free leads and they got to be where I can sell them over the phone. Gas cost to much these days to leave my home.

:D:D:D
Why are you laughing? People really think this way.
:D:D:D

Mark, forgive me for asking but what brought this on? I take it you recently spoke to an agent that desired to sit in their "pj's" and make money?

How many times do you see, I just got my lic and now what do I do? I want to ask them why did they get their lic and what was their plan to start with.

I always wonder who lied to brand new agents that think they will get rich quick and do little work.

If you are lazy and not going to work hard, then you won't be an insurance agent for long.

Am I the only one that hears these things daily?

I hear it all day long, that is why 99.99% of new agents are out of the business in less than a year. Most are looking for a get rich quick and when it does not happen they are gone.

To make money on day one, you either need "deep pockets" a great work ethic, or learn how to prospect like Mark has. Most agents are broke, and very few work close to 40 hour week including myself:Dand the thought of learning how to prospect makes most agents quit. The see veteran agents working 3-4 days a week and say hey I wanna be able to do that right now!

Not so fast my friend...

Now Mark, in fairness, I count my time playing blackjack in Reno as insurance sales time. If I count this, I get to 40 hours a week.

After all, me and the dealer talk about 'insurance' every time they turn up an Ace!

Dan

In health, one sale a day, four days a week will return $100K. (20% of $2500 a/v)

Those of us that earn higher than 20%, earn even more.

Does one sale a day sound hard?

It is NOT hard unless you don't know what you're doing. Therein lies the problem.

Now Mark, in fairness, I count my time playing blackjack in Reno as insurance sales time. If I count this, I get to 40 hours a week.

After all, me and the dealer talk about 'insurance' every time they turn up an Ace!

Dan

Doesn't that also make the trip tax deductible? That sounds like a "business trip" to me.

In health, one sale a day, four days a week will return $100K. (20% of $2500 a/v)

Those of us that earn higher than 20%, earn even more.

Does one sale a day sound hard?

It is NOT hard unless you don't know what you're doing. Therein lies the problem.

If your buying internet leads, that's 20 leads a day, which is around $150 a day, $750 a week, if you work 5 days a week, or $3k a month.

There lies the problem, you need cash to consistently produce in this biz as you know Rob.

Or cold call 20 hours a week. Which is 4 hours a day.

I think JP says 3 hours of telemarketing will get you a client, that's about 6 apps a week that way. No lead cost. Only cost is your time, dialer, and data list.

Agreed but it doesn't always take capital.

Part of knowing what you're doing is knowing how to cold call, how to qualify rather than try to disqualify clients, how to close, etc.

If you went for a job interview (other than entry level) and told them you had no experience they may wonder why you even showed up right? Would you get that job? Probably not.

If your buying internet leads, that's 20 leads a day, which is around $150 a day, $750 a week, if you work 5 days a week, or $3k a month.

There lies the problem, you need cash to consistently produce in this biz as you know Rob.

Or cold call 20 hours a week. Which is 4 hours a day.

I think JP says 3 hours of telemarketing will get you a client, that's about 6 apps a week that way. No lead cost. Only cost is your time, dialer, and data list.

Although I have never really found it important to keep track, I know that is takes less than three hours of calling to sell a Med Supp policy.

One app per day will generate about $75,000 in commission income when selling Med Supps. Med Supps usually pay first year commission for the first six years. Not a bad chunk of change for a one call sale with virtually no service work.

Back