Time Management....

iaminsman

Expert
I have previously been working the 20 point system last year and have done fairly well, but I would like to know how other agents map out their days. For example do you check and return emails (paperwork) from 8-10am cold call from 10-2pm then go on appts from 3-6pm.... and if so how many days per week do you work.

For the new year I want to structure my days a little better to be even more focused and productive from last year. I realize that some appts will be set during cold calling hours some days and so forth, but how does a normal day for some of you look?

I know that I always work better when I am organized and have set up a good schedule for myself. Thanks

I have previously been working the 20 point system last year and have done fairly well, but I would like to know how other agents map out their days. For example do you check and return emails (paperwork) from 8-10am cold call from 10-2pm then go on appts from 3-6pm.... and if so how many days per week do you work.

For the new year I want to structure my days a little better to be even more focused and productive from last year. I realize that some appts will be set during cold calling hours some days and so forth, but how does a normal day for some of you look?

I know that I always work better when I am organized and have set up a good schedule for myself. Thanks

First let me say that you should be commended for wanting to do better with your time. I will give you an idea of what I do, maybe it can help a little.

I get up every morning by 6:30 and I watch the news, drink some coffee, and chill for about 45 minutes to ease into the day. Then the five S's after that.

I am usually planning my day by 8 a.m. and usually I will do that and some paperwork for about 90 minutes or so.

I start selling at 9:30. This could be cold calling, in-home presentations, follow-up, anything that would be considered selling.

I stop at 5-5:30 p.m. and eat supper with my family and then hang out with them until 9-9:30. When they are in bed, I finish my paperwork before I go to bed at 11:30. I WON'T HAVE PAPERWORK MORE THAN 3 NIGHTS A WEEK. I will also do paperwork a hour or two on Saturday.

I try to never do anything but sell between the hours of 9:30 and 5. Don't clean your office, talk to other agents, study, or anything that doesn't make you money until the evening hours.

I hope this helps.

I have no wife or kids so I tend to work quite a lot.
Get to work @8:30AM, go to the health center @4PM. Eat dinner somewhere. Back to the office for @1 hour. Then home.
I usually work an hour or two on both Sat and Sun.
Between the Rose Bowl and the Laker/Kings game, I went to the office today for two hours.
BTW, Kobe at the buzzer again! Yeah!

First let me say that you should be commended for wanting to do better with your time. I will give you an idea of what I do, maybe it can help a little.

I get up every morning by 6:30 and I watch the news, drink some coffee, and chill for about 45 minutes to ease into the day. Then the five S's after that.

I am usually planning my day by 8 a.m. and usually I will do that and some paperwork for about 90 minutes or so.

I start selling at 9:30. This could be cold calling, in-home presentations, follow-up, anything that would be considered selling.

I stop at 5-5:30 p.m. and eat supper with my family and then hang out with them until 9-9:30. When they are in bed, I finish my paperwork before I go to bed at 11:30. I WON'T HAVE PAPERWORK MORE THAN 3 NIGHTS A WEEK. I will also do paperwork a hour or two on Saturday.

I try to never do anything but sell between the hours of 9:30 and 5. Don't clean your office, talk to other agents, study, or anything that doesn't make you money until the evening hours.

I hope this helps.

Good advice for anyone.

Curious also about Service calls..... Should I make myself available on Saturday nights and Sundays when I get voicemails or should I return the calls on Monday. Wife doesn't like me returning calls on Saturday and Sunday unless I am already working that Saturday- i feel obligated sometimes to return the call just to try to provide excellent service.....

Curious also about Service calls..... Should I make myself available on Saturday nights and Sundays when I get voicemails or should I return the calls on Monday. Wife doesn't like me returning calls on Saturday and Sunday unless I am already working that Saturday- i feel obligated sometimes to return the call just to try to provide excellent service.....

I should have added, I also take time to speak to my clients if they need me, during selling time. That is selling, because you want to keep them and get the renewals.

I tell all of my customers that my phone is on the hook 24/7 if the have an emergency and need me. I have never received a call after normal hours, and it makes me look good to the client, that I am willing to answer their calls at anytime. Oh, there are not too many "emergencies" in Med. Supp. sales.

So if your client calls and asks to you return the call without letting you know the reason and it is Friday night at 7pm and you are having family time with the wife and kids- do you return the call Friday night, Saturday or wait until Monday to call back?

And then we all have clients that call all the time who need to have "questions" answered- and then call a few hours later for the same reason- what do you do with that client?

Back