Today I Quit my Captive Job!!!! Now What?

velma8

I could not deal with working there, I was not even an agent. I was a sales rep via inbound phone. I wanted to develop understanding of the P&C field but they told me the only focus I have is selling personal auto insurance. So I said to myself well maybe this will work out for a little while but no it did not. I wanted to learn about various policies and products so I got frustrated today and quit. I just wanted to vent and hopefully someone out there understand where I am coming from in working for a captive. My position was restricted, my commission was only 25.00 flat fee when I sold a policy and I was only part time.

So now what? LOL I am desiring so bad to sell insurance as a producer on my own but I was told I must work for a captive and save 75,000 dollars.

Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent.

I know how it can get the best of you. Normally though this is a question you ask before you quit. As mentioned what licenses do you carry? Have you thought of reaching out to local agencies looking for a producer position?

I have P&C and L&H in Texas. I did not think about reaching out to local agency. So that is on my agenda this weekend to search and submit my resume. If that does work I will go in person to various agency and seek out employment.

Thanks everyone.

I have P&C and L&H in Texas. I did not think about reaching out to local agency. So that is on my agenda this weekend to search and submit my resume. If that does work I will go in person to various agency and seek out employment. Thanks everyone.

This is your best move. Good luck.

Back