Tracking My Sucess with AFLAC

bodevane

Ok. I'm new, but have read a lot of threads on this forum. Seems to be much AFLAC bashing. Despite all of the bashing I see many nuggets of good news. I have decided to go with AFLAC in Florida once I get my license. I intend to make regular posts here to track my progress.

LET'S PLEASE NOT USE THIS AS ANOTHER PLATFORM TO BASH AFLAC.

I don't mind any negative comments, but please qualify them with YOUR actual experiences, not vague generalities, or my friend saids.

Of course I welcome any positive comments too. Just please follow the same rules of PERSONAL experience, and full disclosure. No recruiting pitches PLEASE.

There is little doubt that is a bad story for any company if you ask the right people, but please only speak out of PERSONAL experience.

First update. I am out of state, so I am starting my 40 hour class online today. It is a video of actual classes. I have registered with the state, and will send in my finger prints soon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well this ought to be fun.....is it going to be in graph form...

No. I will just post my thoughts and feelings (positive or negative) as I have them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RE: to "Good Luck!! What made you decide to get in this business and go after your lic? "

I was self employed before, went back to a 9-5, and hate it. I don't like not being 100% in charge of my success or failure. I don't want my income dependent on anything other than me. I chose insurance because I think it is a reputable profession that gives me the opportunity to make a great living while also helping others.

Last edited:
Good Luck

Most of the Aflac policies don't make sense from a premium to benefit standpoint. I am not bashing its a fact.

The one policy that is excellent is the Cancer.

well if the have any more of those toy ducks snag one for my Beagle please.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I started out in the business with AFLAC--was recruited by them. I initially hadn't even thought about insurance as a field that I would be interested in. AFLAC is a recruiting machine. The money makers are def not the producers, they are the upline Distrsic Sales Coordinators, Regional Sales Coordinators and of course the State Sales Coordinators. The rock start producers in our offices were making roughly $80k a year in commission while building residuals. That $80k was ALOT of beating the streets and well managing accounts.

The PROs of AFLAC: A great place to start. Tons of training of both sales and marketing as well as product.

The CONs: They are a recruiting machine. Once you make your $17,500 production, they get a bonus and they move on to the new recruit. You will NOT make money enough to cover your expenses until 2-3 years.

I was there for 1.5 years, made $70,000 total, with alot of expenses. I would not trade it for anything though becuase it was my way into the business and it opened MANY doors to make much more money with MUCH less work.

Good Luck

PICnic,

What do you do now?

ABC,

Strictly from the consumer point of view, I can't think of any type of policy (especially major med) that payouts justify premiums. However, if folks are purchasing them, and other folks are selling them, then the premiums must be at current market rates.

AFLAC sells a ton of Accident Plans, EEs love and use it and it is only $6 a week for ind. and $12 for a couple. They were pushing vision and now it is Dental. Pros: No Network. Cons: 20% Commission Every year they push a different policy, last year it was Life.

Back