Truth About Esurance

This has nothing to do with disclosure and everything to do with the RIGHT Esurance has to cancel you within a certain time frame in Minnesota.

Yes sometimes it stinks that they initially agree to take the risk only to have someone look it over and then cancel you within their free look period.

Just as you the customer have rights, the insurance company also has to have those rights. Honestly, I would not want to insure you with two DUI's. Two years is not that long ago and there were multiple times that you drove drunk. Since on average in the United States a driver gets caught driving drunk once out of every 2000 times approximately, it's almost certain that while you were only busted for DUI twice, you drove many more times drunk. I'm glad I do not live in Minnesota because I do not want to be driving anywhere near you.

You are basically bashing Esurance when they did not do anything illegal at all. The blame is not on them or their website. I'm actually surprised that you are still allowed to drive. Do you have a "blower" on your ignition? Several companies will take this risk with that installed....

Sounds like the individual on the phone was only an order taker, not the underwriter. Your DUIs didn't pass the underwriting dept and your policy was cx'd. I thought it was a national law that carriers had to give you a 20-30 day "notice of cancellation"...I've never seen a carrier just yank a policy in 6 days. At the end of the day, insurance is protection against catastrophic events...ones that may change your life, for the worse, financially if you're not properly covered...for that reason alone, people should not rush to the internet to find the lowest rate. If you would have been in an at fault accident and caused 100k in damages, you'd be SOL.

I wouldn't recommend running to the internet for the cheapest doctor, lawyer, financial planner, or accountant either. In all these industries, it's worth finding a knowledgeable consultant...there's too much at stake.

Back