Voice Broadcasting

The New Guy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Michigan
What are your opinions on using a Voice Broadcasting Commercial Program to do your tele-marketing? I'm looking into creating scripts for for different products, and using a broadcasting system to make the calls. These programs are auto-dial, and have different options depending upon if a person answers, or if you get voice mail. Example. if a person answers, it will play a pre-recorded message advertising your product. The message can vary in any length of time of your choosing. It will then prompt them to action. Press 1 to speak to an agent, press 3 for us to personally call you back, press 9 to be removed from our list etc.. If it is answered by a voice mail, it will leave a message of your choice for them to return your call for more information. These programs use data that is already pre-screened for the DNC lists, and always have an option for people to opt out of your calling list. You can also cold call, and use your phone at the same time the program is running. You can turn it on, and off at will. For those of you who don't like your "Phone Voice", you can hire that part out to a Voice Professional, to produce your commercials. These programs can be scaled up to 50 plus phone lines capable of making thousands of calls a day. Software costs run from $800 and up, plus your data costs. What do you think?

I think it is a bad idea if you are looking for medium or high net worth people.

I think I'm typical of that segment and I would not buy anything from a 3rd party telemarketer or one that used a recording.

If you personally call and say "Hi Mr. Smith, I'm Joe Butz from XYZ Insurance calling about healthcare coverage" that's fine. I like the 'personal touch.' But if some dumb 'girl' who sounds 12 years old calls me or some *** who can't speak the language is on the other end, or if it is a recording, I won't do business with you... because to me you are a phone-spammer.

Others my differ.... YMMV.

Al

If you are going to do this DO NOT ATTEMPT to do this yourself there are state and federal laws and it is a huge mess. Some states it is not legal to play recorded messages at all.

I have a company that does this if you need it PM me - it averages $1.50 to $3.00 to make your phone ring on live transfers. The call center I use has a capacity of 642,000 outbound lines - yes you read that correctly.

Outsource it - doing it yourself is a joke. When we tele market we have a minimum of 100 lines per agent dialing at once. Also most phone companies will cut you off if you are on their "unlimited long distance" plans. If you want to tick off your phone company start telemarketing. Outsourcing also has an archive of audio files, DNC, etc., Takes a lot of weight off your shoulders I am convinced it is hard to do it yourself cheaper if legal.

And yes you will get 5-10 F*** OFFS per hour and the ones that listen to you are indeed bottom of the barrel on the social economical scale.

Last edited:
I outsourced this as well with the live transfer option like TX for final expense and it was absolutely the bottom of the barrel folks that do the live tranfer.

After a week I stopped it because of what it did to my attitude since I was only speaking with sick folks with no money from "the hood".

I have not tried it for health insurance however. TX have you tried it using a small small business list? What is the closing ratio currently?

Small biz and life seems to work fairly well - individual health I have yet to find a way to make this work, although I am still trying.

I suppose if I had a 100% no deductible health insurance plan with dental and vision for $20/mo and guaranteed approval - this would be a hot seller.

Quoting a tele marketing lead over $100/mo is a unique experience all in itself. $100??? "Is that PER MONTH????" for my family of 5??? lol...

Takes all kinds to make the world go around.

I agree that outsourcing is the way to go. I tied up a small fortune and endless hours tying to get all the bugs worked out on the over priced auto dialer software and still couldn't get it the way I wanted.

This is my Company
It does what you talked about and more!
Marketing Campaign Solitions
Toll Free-800-660-6863 Local- 912-596-8417
Five Important Facts to Consider
(If you read nothing else, make sure you read this page)
Fact #1 – Time Is Money!
We have all heard and believe this. Your potential customers are not waiting around for you to contact them. If you do not act fast they can change there minds or your competition will get them before you have a chance. There are only so many working hours in a day. How efficient are you in reaching your customers? You need the tools to do what you do best and be at your maximum productivity.
Fact #2 – Sales Automation Is A Huge Multiplier!
Sales automation tools can double or triple your production. With proven
contact and follow-up tools, you can reach more customers, get information to them, and close more deals. A solid dialing platform is critical to any CRM process. CRM software is just software unless it helps or forces (in some cases) you to make the calls.
Fact #3 – Hosted Dialing Platforms Are Better!
Hosted dialing platforms have a significant advantage over premise based
systems. Premise based dialing systems are capital intensive, require labor to setup and maintain, have both known and hidden monthly costs to run, and require technical expertise to setup and maintain. Hosted dialing platforms require minimal startup fees and can be setup in hours not days. Monthly fees are comparable to premise based fees and depreciation.
Fact #4 – VOIP Is Nice For Talking To Grandma But Not For Business!
You have about 3 seconds on the phone to make an impression! If the prospect hears a delay or an echo, the prospect has already put up their guard and you have probably lost the sale. About 3 years ago VOIP was a good option for tele-prospecting, but now people will not wait on the phone if they hear any kind of pause or echo. Most service providers’ hosted dialing platforms are based on VOIP technology and the savings you have means you will work about 30% harder by making more calls to make up for the ones that hang up on you.
You can have lower monthly cost with VOIP, but the disadvantages are significant. VOIP systems can be impacted by Internet traffic resulting poor call quality such as echoes, poor call progress detection, poor connect time to the caller, and significant hang-ups. You may save a few dollars but how many sales are you losing? Can you afford to run your business on VOIP?

Fact #5 – Marketing Campaign Solutions Is Your Choice!
Marketing Campaign Solutions service requires no long-term contacts, has low setup and monthly fees, and is based on traditional telco service. We are so confident you will see an immediate impact to your business that if you are not happy, you can cancel at any time!
Get Your MCS Working For You Today!
Marketing Campaign Solutions CRM, Hosted Dialer, and More!
MCS offers a suite of sales automation tools specifically designed to increase your contact ratio with new and existing customers. We can double or triple your production within a week of implementation. Best of all, it is service based so this is nothing to buy or and no hardware to install. You can be up and running in as little as two hours.
Features include:
MCS CRM – A complete customer relationship management software package. Easily load your leads, create histories, notes, and task specific actions to ensure all of your leads are worked to their fullest potential.
MCS Dialer – A hosted dialing solution including power and multi-line dialing. Increase your phone contact ratio by 200% to 300% over manually calling. With a click of a button, leave your pre-recorded answering machine message without your agent staying on the line. Continuous calling on the other lines keeps your agents talking. Screens out busy, no answers, and disconnected number.
MCS Sales Automation – Create email templates to automate your email processes.
Create unlimited templates enabling your agents to focus on talking to more customers instead of typing emails.
MCS Scoreboard – Create scoreboard reports to see which agents are producing and which ones need more training.
Call Scripting – Create call scripts with html rebuttals to ensure your agents are consistent and working with proven scripts.
Multiple Simultaneous Campaigns – Easily create calling campaigns for each or groups of agents.
Incredible Call Quality – Hear the person say "hello". Instantaneous call connect time gives your agents the advantage they need in today’s competitive market.
Get your MCS working for you and see your sales rocket!

Cost/Benefit Analysis
Outbound telemarketing can be a time consuming job. Manually dialing numbers, keeping track of call results, tracking follow-up calls, creating activities to track the next action for a lead, all of these and more can drain your time and your agents productivity. When performing a cost/benefit analysis of your current or projected efforts, you must consider many factors.
How much more profit can you make with a sales automation solution?
Will you need less agents increasing profit?
Will you need more agents increasing sales and profit?
Do you have the technical expertise to run an in-house dialing system?
Do you want to invest the capital required to own an in-house dialer?
What are the cost to install additional telephone lines and monthly cost?
How will you integrate the dialer with your existing phone system?
How much of your resources and dollars will it require to keep the dialer running?
MCS has been designed from the ground up to allow you to focus on what you do best. We take care of maintaining the dialers, the telephone lines, the long distance charges, the software updates and upgrades.
What’s your number? Every business has a number. The magical number you must accomplish every day, every week, every month to make a profit. Whether it is setting appointments, getting an application, having a meeting, we all have a number to meet.
Customer Example
ABC Company has agents manually calling contacts with outdated sales automation tools.
Current Sales Automation Process MCS, Multiplier (based on one agent)
# of apps/apps/closing per day 2 5
# of working days/month 21 21
profit per apps/etc $100 $100
gross profit $4,200 $10,500
labor costs (8 hr * 21 days *
$15 per hour)
$2,520 $2,520
Hosted Dialer with CRM $0 $400
Net Profit $1,680 $7,580
$5,900 INCREASE

GP -

Couple of questions (and I think this should be posted in offers, not general discussion, but I'll leave that to the moderators)

- The $400 monthly fee - how many hours / how many lines of dialing does this include?
- Is the $400 per seat, per facility, or per user?
- You mention power dialing rather than predictive dialing. This gets around drop ratios to a certain extent, since it dials much slower. Why is this system a better value than buying the $299 power dialer solution and not having monthly fees (except to the telco)?

It sounds like you have a pretty decent solution to single agent call systems. A few screenshots of the CRM system would be very helpful.

Dan

Dan
I suggest 3 to 1 ratio dialers as you are always on the phone talking to someone. John P. reviewed it on his blog. You can see it here. Can I Brand a Health Insurance Agency Starting with $200?

Includes 3 lines- NO VOIP. These are Telco lines which means no delay or echoes. VOIP is less expensive but you get way too many hangups when people hear delays and echoes.

Can have as many users as you want. Only one seat per $400
No per minute fees
Very fast- you hear the hello everytime.
You will have to work 30% harder to make up for the hangups and dropped calls, so just spend the extra $100 per month.
Screen shots are on John's Blog

Back