Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent     
Old 08-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #11
Super Genius

State: TomZack is an Insurance Agent from
VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent Re: VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent
Originally Posted by WinoBlues View Post
Vol is definitely a unicorn.

I have part of Companies searching for beneficiaries that had no idea there was a policy. You are mistaken.
There is good and bad in everything. As mentioned by somarco, there are cases of companies that knew and pleaded ignorance when company files proved otherwise. Hence the fines. Very glad to hear that some (hopefully all now) are proactive to pay.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent
Old 08-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #12
Guru
WinoBlues on VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent

State: WinoBlues is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WinoBlues is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent Re: VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent
Originally Posted by TomZack View Post
There is good and bad in everything. As mentioned by somarco, there are cases of companies that knew and pleaded ignorance when company files proved otherwise. Hence the fines. Very glad to hear that some (hopefully all now) are proactive to pay.
I guess the "many " threw me off some. As I mentioned I have been involved in a number of cases were the company is actively searching for a beneficiary. While there certainly are exceptions I believe companies pay what they are supposed to pay. I do not know how many companies do business in the US but I have to believe those fined were the minority.

America's Sons and Daughters http://iraqwarheroes.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt8y18YFH70

WinoBlues @ Gmail.com
Old 08-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #13
Guru

State: sman is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
sman is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
You will be known by either the problems you create or the problems you solve. Strive for the latter.
Reply to VolAgent's Rules to Live by As an Agent 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions