Walmart to Enter Auto Insurance Business?

sbkarren

News broke this morning that Walmart is entering the auto insurance business.
I am curious to know how agents feel about the news. Walmart says today, auto insurance; tomorrow, life insurance.

I am curious to know how agents feel about the news. Walmart says today, auto insurance; tomorrow, life insurance.

They already dipped thier toes in life insurance with that Met life 1 year nonrewable term policy.

Looks like they've teamed up with autoinsurance.com which is able to take payments online. They don't appear however to run a credit check based on SSN and license number.
I do wonder how they managed to get Progressive on board.... Puzzled...

As I mentioned in the P&C section. The clientele looking to buy auto insurance at Walmart is probably not the type of clientele we are looking for.

What type of carrier availability would they offer to the public. I don't see how preferred carriers would be willing to part take in something like this

As I mentioned in the P&C section. The clientele looking to buy auto insurance at Walmart is probably not the type of clientele we are looking for.

What type of carrier availability would they offer to the public. I don't see how preferred carriers would be willing to part take in something like this

The other thread has a link to an article about it. Progressive, Esurance and Safeco are listed. Safeco seems like the odd man out there.

They might be perfect nonstandard customers and with all of the employees that Walmart has and add in all their locations they might have some advantages for nonstandard customers.

Though it make me think back to an old silvester stalone movie as a cop that is sent to prison and thawed out to deal with Wesley smiles and all resteraunts were tack bells....We might find all insurance agencies are walmarts, as well as banks, eye glass stores, jewelers, clothing stores, auto mechanics, tax preparers.

They might be perfect nonstandard customers and with all of the employees that Walmart has and add in all their locations they might have some advantages for nonstandard customers.

Though it make me think back to an old silvester stalone movie as a cop that is sent to prison and thawed out to deal with Wesley smiles and all resteraunts were tack bells....We might find all insurance agencies are walmarts, as well as banks, eye glass stores, jewelers, clothing stores, auto mechanics, tax preparers.

Sadly, I'm starting to think the dystopian futures are going to be more accurate than the utopian ones.

That movie was "Demolition Man." My favorite parts in that movie were the fines you would get for using swear words.

Walmart in insurance is a scary world indeed. As if they don't have enough enough hands in various pots already.

you guys make it sound like all agents are screwed now and we should just close up shop

Back