" We already have coverage through our Husbands employe

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
When doing B to B I get allot of " we already have coverage through our husbands employer so we dont need it". What would you do or say when you get this reply?

WE TALKING LIFE INSURANCE......just tell them ....what if he leaves that job....the life stays there....or better yet if he gets cancer and takes two years to die....he will lose it because most group life is not cobra'ed....

For health, you explain to them that most companies only subsidize a portion of the actual employee's premium. They are probably paying too much for their portion, as long as they are healthy.

Group life almost always has WP. If he is disabled coverage can be continued up to age 65.

And the coverage is convertible, but at a very high price.

Covered through your employer? Great! I assume you are paying less than (throw a figure out) $200 per month for the coverage. If not, you may be paying too much.

I have quite a few clients who were covered by the employer plan for $500 - $800 per month. Show them a plan that covers what they NEED for $300 or less.

Doesn't always make them a client but often enough to make it worth asking.

somarco said:
Group life almost always has WP. If he is disabled coverage can be continued up to age 65.And the coverage is convertible, but at a very high price.

but if he were to lose his job then he would lose his life insurance say if he went self~emp. or a co. without beanies.....still a good argument....

I agree with somarco, ask them how much they're paying for their plan then tell them about how much money they can save by switching to an IFP. Personalize it, start out with a script if you have to but make sure you get enough experience to internalize it.

Back