Website Success - Can They Find You?

dmiller90

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
The big buzz phrase for the past few months has been Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

Companies are paying other companies millions of dollars to get, and keep their websites in the front of different keyword searches on the larger search engine sites.

The biggest problems I see or encounter are websites that are built incorrectly and hurting your chances from the start.

Anyone thinking about paying money to have someone build their site "SEO" friendly website should understand it takes more than pretty graphics, title tags and keyword phrases.

Get a serious understanding of web site standards and what to look for when having your site built, or building one.

Having your site built the correct way will take care of most of your SEO problems.

After attending several conferences and speaking with experts in the field, my theories were solidified.

Having a website that is built semantically using XHTML, CSS and JavaScript will drastically make your web presence findable for your users and for the search engines.

Is your website still wrangling a table based layout with messy unreadable code? (I have seen many sites on here that have that exact problem.)

Before spending money or effort on SEO enhancements, Get your Website built correctly or your code converted and corrected.

Don't let some webmaster or so called website builder, convince you, "it doesn't matter" Because it Does!!

If they dont meet or use the above standards, your actually just hurting yourself, do yourself a favor and educate yourself on the basics.

Know what to look for and ask the right questions, if these standards are not used, or the webmaster discounts these standards, just walk away or hang up and find someone that does build them correctly.

Amazon.com : Entertainment : Building Findable Websites

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back