Wellcare Just Pulled a Fast One on Me

keith48

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
I had an Open Enrollment that I signed up for a supplement in Feb, and he took the Wellcare Extra based on the Medicaregov comparison. Wellcare is one of the three I certify with each year, so I signed him up. They sent him letters telling him he was not eligible and would not be covered. Not once did they contact me about anything.

He called me Friday and left me a message. When he couldn't get me immediately, he called Wellcare. They told him he had "enrolled in the wrong time frame." When he verified that his Part A and B effective dates were indeed correct on the application, they said they could fix it. So they re-enrolled him - DIRECTLY. I got bypassed.

When I called the home office, I was given a recording that I needed to contact my District Sales Manager - no more agent support at home office. Her voicemail says she is on vacation.

So we just got off the phone with Medicare where I helped him enroll in Cigna where I won't make anything, but neither will Wellcare. The commission was not enough to worry about as y'all know, but it was the principal of the matter. I'm not going to sit quietly when a company tries to screw the agents.

Just thought I would pass along the info on Wellcare. I will not recertify with them and will try to move the few I have left there somewhere else next AEP.

Back