Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Reply to What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen     
Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #1

State: insurancela is an Insurance Agent from California
What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen
I want to obtain a license to sell auto insurance in California but am confused about what courses I have to take.I know I have to take a 12 hour code and ethics class but I am uncertain if I have to take a 40 hour fire & casualty class or 20 hour auto limited lines.Thanks to anyone who can help!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #2

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen Re: What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance
California has to have a ethics class?

They better get some new teachers! HAHA!

I took a weekend class that covered generalities, some laws etc, nothing like what you are saying
  Reply With Quote to What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Guru
mmaedelins on What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen - Insurance Forum

State: mmaedelins is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen Re: What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance
check out Insurance & Securities Training Courses | ExamFX. i'm not sure if they do classes for CA or not but that's where I did my online classes and it worked out great.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just checked out the site for you and they do have classes for CA. Just take the property and casualty class and you'll be set to sell auto (after you take the official state exam and fulfill whatever other requirements your state needs from you). Best of luck!

Melissa Ash
New Jersey's Business Insurance Lady
732-549-1800
Check out my website! www.njbusinessinsurancelady.com

Last edited by mmaedelins; 01-04-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Posts merged
Reply to What Courses Do You Need to Take to Become an Auto Insurance Agen 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Tags
auto insurance