What is It Like Selling Life Insurance?

sjb123

Honestly, what is it like selling life insurance? I currently sell P&C and my agent wants me to transfer to selling mostly life. the company is State Farm and I know my life premiums tend to be higher than other companies, but I also stand behind my company and believe it is the best.

Honestly, what is it like selling life insurance? I currently sell P&C and my agent wants me to transfer to selling mostly life. the company is State Farm and I know my life premiums tend to be higher than other companies, but I also stand behind my company and believe it is the best.

You have to show the need and how the client would benefit (cash value) and almost no service. In P&C you mainly go for price and service. The good thing is that you have a book of business to work. Your agent needs to sell Life in order to satisfy SF. Make sure the pay is fair.

Your premiums might be higher, but sell anyway. You get somebody coverage, and they die, and you'll know you still put them and their beneficiaries in a better place (even if the premiums where a bit higher)

it's a lot of work on the backend especially if you're not familiar with it but you could learn.. prospecting can be challenging .. whereas someone comes to you becasue they are often required to have home and auto insurance.. life insurance is not a requirement so your busines processes is different.. Learning underwriting is a valuable tool .. if you're only selling state farm ..know what kind of prospects State farm would accept... and if they don't qualify for State farm ..send them my way.. lol

Does SF give client an additional discount on P&C if they have life with them? Just a thought.

Yes we do!! And it's great because instead of the normal pivot to bundle fire, we can bundle life. It makes term about $4 a month

Back