Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?     
Old 07-24-2017, 02:53 AM   #11
Guru
Alston on What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?

State: Alston is an Insurance Agent from Connecticut
Alston is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes? Re: What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?
Just based on my own experience, I think the biggest mistake agents and agencies make is to give too little thought to their post-sale marketing strategy.

Spending years losing two clients for every three I brought on wasn't the fastest way to get to financial stability.

Having a system in place to stay in touch with existing clients will keep your renewals flowing in and win you more easy sales from your clients and the people they refer to you.

------------------------------------
Alston J. Balkcom
Affordable Connecticut Health Insurance
Insurance Quotes
Insurance Sales Leads - buy trade sell
Insurance Broker -CT licensed since 1985-
and Webmaster
  Reply With Quote to What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?
Old 07-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
Expert

State: WillC is an Insurance Agent from
What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes? Re: What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?
This idea is present in the thread, but let's state it bluntly:

- Because agents (and their families) "eat in the short term" there is a tendency to focus on new leads and new sales opportunities.
- That's not a bad thing. In fact, there's nothing else to do at the beginning of a career. But two bad things can happen:

1. If the early focus on new sales is not balanced with awareness that each successful sale is now a client to be nurtured, then an immediate opportunity for up-sell, cross-sell and referrals is lost.

2. If the focus on new sales becomes a long career habit, the career becomes a life of constant lead-chasing, risking burnout and missing the three available money trees: up-sell, cross-sell and referral gathering.

So, from the start, client nurture should be fundamental, beginning with an effective welcome/onboard routine and including ongoing relationship building and diligent client service.

----------

Originally Posted by Alston View Post
Just based on my own experience, I think the biggest mistake agents and agencies make is to give too little thought to their post-sale marketing strategy.

Spending years losing two clients for every three I brought on wasn't the fastest way to get to financial stability.

Having a system in place to stay in touch with existing clients will keep your renewals flowing in and win you more easy sales from your clients and the people they refer to you.
First, I must state my belief that Alston is an insightful genius, and second must state that I didn't see his post (#12) before writing #13. Otherwise I should be imprisoned for idea theft.

Reply With Quote to What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #13
Jeff Biesen on What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes?

State: Jeff Biesen is an Insurance Agent from
Be consistent in your marketing efforts. Focus on a niche and follow through consistently whether it's Social Media, Direct Marketing or calls and be sure to follow up.

Jeff Biesen
Owner of JBI Insurance Group
------------------------------------
Reply to What Are the Most Common Insurance Agency Marketing Mistakes? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions